USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greetings from San Diego

Kitty Hawk Vets,

I just stumbled on this site and am thrilled to be sending a check for membership in the morning mail. My time on the Hawk was short - Jan '77 though May '79 - but those years were some of the more memorable through my 20-year career that ended in January 1997. Picked up the Hawk in Bremerton as PNSR and left as PN3. Serving with hilarious people in the Personnel Office like Alan Gretz, Ernie Rivas, Dale Naas, etc., were awesome times. I'm still friends with PN1 Bruce Clow, who retired in 1993 as PNCS Clow. I'm happy to join this awesome group of Kitty Hawk vets.
Doug Seamans, NCC(AW), Ret.
San Diego, California

Re: Greetings from San Diego

Welcome and enjoy may we see you at one of the reunions The one just past in Chicago was SUPER. I just became a life member.

Re: Thanks Larry

Don't worry, I'll be in Baltimore for the next reunion. I'm originally from Philly and my sister lives in Manhattan, so it looks like an extended vacation for me! By the way, San Diego is a great place for a reunion because of the new USS Midway museum. The carrier can host huge parties, too. Although the "Midway Magic" crap is pretty looney, it could be a good idea for a future reunion.
Doug

Re: Greetings from San Diego

Hello Doug and welcome to the USS Kitty Hawk Veterans Association. I don't know where you sent your membership form, but I'm sure I will get it. We would appreciate it if you could recruit some or all of your buddies listed in your message in the Association. Let me know if I can help in any way. Baltimore is our next reunion location in 2007. San Diego is a long way away but you have two years to save your pennies. Thanks again,

Chuck Peterson, Membership Committee

Re: Thanks!

Thanks Chuck for the warm welcome. My membership was sent to your address via Priority Mail. You should have received it yesterday. Let me know if it hasn't arrived by Saturday, OK? Great to be onboard.
Doug