USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mcpo donald strong my last chance please help me remember

This is my last chance to find any of my deceased fathers old friends he served with on the uss kitty hawk or any where else. I just want to know any stories or things remembered please help
Sincerely
His daughter diana

Re: mcpo donald strong my last chance please help me remember

Diana

I did not know your father, but try this website, it has more traffic, and you will reach more people.

http://www.military.com/HomePage/UnitCreatedPage/0,11003,200209,00.html

When did he serve?
My dad served on the Kitty Hawk until 84

Hello Diana, I was aboard the kiyyt from 67-70 as an AO3 (avaiation ordanceman) and there was a chief with the last name Strong. I can't remember his first name only that he picked me for all the BS work. I'm pretty sure he made Senior Chief before I got out. One story I will always remember is when were out at sea he always had me make the coffee, so one day I made it before the tanks where switched from salt water to drinking water. Well he had the first BIG cup a salt coffee. He never asked me again to make coffee after that. All in all he helped me move up in rank and I became one of his favorites. If there is anything else I might help you with let me know. Take Care Glenn Delinsky AO2
Kitty Hawk 1967-1970
P.S. I just found my cruise book from 1969 and your dad was my shop chief Strong DL