USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Photos of CV63 Nov 66-June 68 for model

Served on Kitty Hawk 67 - 70 have some pictures can share. Larry

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm building a model of the Kitty Hawk for a customer whose brother served during these times, and am finding it difficult to find pictures of the superstructure, rigging, radar arrays and antennasplaced on the sides of the flat-top prior to the 70's refit. Lots of stuff after '76.... I would like this to be as accurate as possible, seeing as I have been commissioned to build an "heirloom" piece, as stated by my customer. I ould gie out more info on myself, but seeing as the end user may hit this site occasionally, and this is to be a suprise, discretion is te better part of valor.!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Re: Photos of CV63 Nov 66-June 68 for model

Hello,
Hopefully, you have an adequate amount of pictures for finishing your model. If not, I may be able to send you a picture of the ship before it went to the dry dock in Bremerton, Washington on 1/1976.
I'm actually interested in how you make your model, scale, and price. Please send me an email and a picture of the model if possible. Thank you.

Re: Re: Photos of CV63 Nov 66-June 68 for model

I have about 60 shots of the ship in progress at the moment, I am putting a scrapbook of the "ship build" from start to finish, with some explanations on the photos... I have been asked to post pics when I have completed, but this weekend I will pick through some of the shots and post them here on the site. I have moved on to doing research on the squadrons attached to the ship during the correct time frame, as was lucky enough to have an insider sneak out the "cruise books" that the client owns to verify squadrons and markings... I try to be as thorough as possible... Anyway, I will post those this weekend. As for your pricing, do you mean for parts and supplies or for a build up for yourself? Let me show you the ship first, then I'll talk to you about any build ups if that is what you mean...