USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SLEP

I reported onboard the Kitty Hawk in Dec of 1988 at PNSY during SLEP and left the Kitty Hawk when my enlistment was up in July 1992. I served on the "In Port Fire Party" while at PNSY and I was also the electrician on the "At Sea Flying Squad" under Fire Marshal CW04 Mike Wilson.

Re: Re: SLEP

I too was on board for most of that slept period.
Long long winters but never a regret.
I was there as young seaman and even though I went on to retire from the Navy I'll remember
every moment I spent on board on the Kitty.

So she had a SLEP at the end of the 80's too. I was onboard for the SLEP in Bremerton WA at the end of 81 are so. Is there any OS's around from that time?

Re: SLEP was there untill oct 88

need to find a W02 Robert Wilkinson. worked in egineering and was a dam fine boiler person. do you know where he is and how to reach him? also looking for a better site that has all Kitty Hawk shipmates on it. send it to me if you know. dam fine ship and am glad i served on it.

Do you remember an HT2 Linhart?

I checked on board while she was still in drydock at PNSY, and was there the rest of the time. 1990-1993. Lots of fond memories of that time.

I served on the Hawk May 28,1986 - Jan 4,1990
I made the world cruise and was there for the major part of SLEP. I was in the Weapons Dept. After we moved off the ship I stayed in barracks 1031 next to the galley at PNSY. What I loved about it was that I still got my sea pay for the entire time I was there.

I left just before they moved back onboard (timing is everything). I was on shore duty at Pax River with Strike Aircraft Test Directorate, I got to ride the Hawk out of the yards and was part of the flight deck ACLS certification team from Pax River.

The last time I was on her was in 1996 as a Naval Reservist,where I spent my two week annual training by choice.

I think the coolest part for me was, I was flown (helo)onboard when I first served on her and I was flown off by helo the last time I sailed with her.

I CAME TO PHILLY IN THE SUMMER OF 91 I WAS SH3 REYNOLDS FROM S3 DIV