USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need info about deck hand sucked into engine on the 66-67 cruise

Hello All,

I was on the 66-67 cruise in V1. Does anyone remember the person that was sucked into the jet engine during that cruise? Maybe some info could be found in the curise book - a list of all who died during the cruise. Any info would be of great help!

David Arbuckle
david@rapidfire400.com
706-541-9566

Re: Need info about deck hand sucked into engine on the 66-67 cruise

ARBUCKLE I DON T KNOW IF YOU REMEMBER ME I WAS IN FLY 3

Re: Re: Need info about deck hand sucked into engine on the 66-67 cruise

Don:
I am the person you are looking for. I was sucked into the intake of an A-6 Intruder in Feb. 67. Bob Flowers responded to your request. He was a shipmate with me on Cat. 4. I was the Topside P.O. at the time and Yes, I was totally devoured by the A-6. It was quite an experience and I recall every single milisecond of the event. If you need to contact me I can be reached at Rich3833@aol.com I am curious as to the type of info you are seeking. Thanks

Rich Dinsmore, USS Kitty Hawk Jan.66to Aug. 1968

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

ARBUCKLE I DON T KNOW IF YOU REMEMBER ME I WAS IN FLY 3

Re: Need info about deck hand sucked into engine on the 66-67 cruise

Yea his name is Rich Dinsmore he was in v-2 div waste cats. he is now living in Palmdale Calif. I don't have his e-mail right now but i can get it if you want.

Re: Re: Need info about deck hand sucked into engine on the 66-67 cruise

I am the person sucked into the intake of an A-6 intruder on Feb. 7, 1967. We had just pulled out of Hong Kong and back on Yankee Station (in monsoon weather). I was the Topside P.O. and got too close. It sucked me in to the turbine. Quite an experience. It happened over 40 years ago and I can describe every single milisecond. My email is Rich3833@aol.com

Rich Dinsmore USS Kitty Hawk 1966-1968

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Yea his name is Rich Dinsmore he was in v-2 div waste cats. he is now living in Palmdale Calif. I don't have his e-mail right now but i can get it if you want.