USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Shipmates - RM's, etc. ' 67-68

I was in S-7 Div. 68/69 West pac I've been looking for Tom Estes, but have had 'o' luck. If you know anybody that might have been in supply that might know him, please contact me. Thanks, M Glenn

Re: Re: Shipmates - RM's, etc. ' 67-68

Howdy, Mike ... I was just checking Kitty Hawk pages for old time's sake and saw your entry. I am sorry to say I don't know where any of the old crew is. My nickname was "Zif" or "Ziffle". I remember Tom. I usually hung around with Harold and Gerald Moody ( lot of spades card games there ). I am ashamed to say I don't remember everyone's name ...old age I guess. Wish I could be of assistance finding Tom ...best of luck to you. Take Care .... "Zif"

I was in S7 division with you and Harold and Gerald Moody. I played spades with you and Gerald on quite a few occasions on the midnight shift. I always wondered what happened to Harold and Gerald. I remember the big fight that Gerald and a guy named Goodman got into. They destroyed the entire sleeping area and even destroyed the metal furniture. Gerald was a nice guy unless you made him mad and then he would just loose it. Goodman was a whole other story.

I was in S7 division and knew you and Tom Estes and also was good friends with Harold and Gerald Moody. I never hear from any of those guys but wish I did. I was on that West Pac cruise and was on the Kitty Hawk till we went into dry dock in Bremerton. I then went into data processing class A school and spent my two remaining years at Naval Security station in Washington D.C.

Al, I recognize ur name but can't put a face on it. I was in OE01 67-70 Brownie ETN2

Larry,
I can't place you for certain. I was in CR division and recall an RM1 nammed Stoddard, a master cheif Oneal, RM2 Lord and others. I think we worked with electronics guys from time to time. Just let me know if any of this rings a bell. Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Shipmates - RM's, etc. ' 67-68

Al Chief O Neal and I were for a time the only people on the ship that could copy CW morse code he and I stood watches during The ORI copying long haul off line five letter group etc. we sat near the door to TTY repair shop. I worked in Red FAC most of the time, did some DC work with UCC 1's and TTY. Could send picture from that time ...