USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: SLEP

You must remember the Kitty Hawk Boot camp Company that came aboard will it was still in dry dock and then left for sunny Florida. Was part of that boot camp co.

Re: Re: SLEP

I WENT THROUGH SLEP THEN SAILED HER TO CALI. I WAS A MACHINIST. WAS GOING TO BE A YARDBIRD WHEN I FINISHED MY TOUR. UNTIL IT CLOSED DOWN.

Re: Re: Re: SLEP

I remember you Mike I worked in the sheet metal shop
with lee milam and was friends with shousky "Jake"

HT2 bates

Re: Re: Re: Re: SLEP

I worked with Bob too. I was in the pipe and sheet metal shops from. Remember Johhnu Kuhl. Funny guy. Jake was a good guy, I havent seen him in years though. I think he still lives in Philly.
HT2 Brian McKendry

Re: SLEP

I reported onboard the Kitty Hawk in Dec of 1988 at PNSY during SLEP and left the Kitty Hawk when my enlistment was up in July 1992. I served on the "In Port Fire Party" while at PNSY and I was also the electrician on the "At Sea Flying Squad" under Fire Marshal CW04 Mike Wilson.

Re: Re: SLEP

I too was on board for most of that slept period.
Long long winters but never a regret.
I was there as young seaman and even though I went on to retire from the Navy I'll remember
every moment I spent on board on the Kitty.

So she had a SLEP at the end of the 80's too. I was onboard for the SLEP in Bremerton WA at the end of 81 are so. Is there any OS's around from that time?

Re: SLEP was there untill oct 88

need to find a W02 Robert Wilkinson. worked in egineering and was a dam fine boiler person. do you know where he is and how to reach him? also looking for a better site that has all Kitty Hawk shipmates on it. send it to me if you know. dam fine ship and am glad i served on it.

Do you remember an HT2 Linhart?

I checked on board while she was still in drydock at PNSY, and was there the rest of the time. 1990-1993. Lots of fond memories of that time.

I served on the Hawk May 28,1986 - Jan 4,1990
I made the world cruise and was there for the major part of SLEP. I was in the Weapons Dept. After we moved off the ship I stayed in barracks 1031 next to the galley at PNSY. What I loved about it was that I still got my sea pay for the entire time I was there.

I left just before they moved back onboard (timing is everything). I was on shore duty at Pax River with Strike Aircraft Test Directorate, I got to ride the Hawk out of the yards and was part of the flight deck ACLS certification team from Pax River.

The last time I was on her was in 1996 as a Naval Reservist,where I spent my two week annual training by choice.

I think the coolest part for me was, I was flown (helo)onboard when I first served on her and I was flown off by helo the last time I sailed with her.

I CAME TO PHILLY IN THE SUMMER OF 91 I WAS SH3 REYNOLDS FROM S3 DIV