USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1961 Plankowners [nt]

I am a Plankowner. I was on the Kitty Hawk from 1960 till 1964, mm3 from A division.Would like to here from anyone from that time period.

Ahoy Mates,
I also am a 'Plankowner' and would enjoy hearing more info about the group. I served aboard from 61-63 in both E-Div and the V-2 Div.
I made the the trip around the 'Horn' and the shake down cruises to 'Gitmo' as a EM in the A&O division.
I think I still have a couple of Cruise books from the first WestPac and the Horn trip.
WD

Re: Re: 1961 Plankowners [nt]

I was in SAM Div 61-63 but I never received my WESTPAC
cruise book. Do you have one to sell?

I am a plank owner as well I was in M division sailed around the horn and the Gitmo cruise Hawaii, Hong Kong and all the rest Loved the bull fights in Peru Got discharged in the phillipines in 63.. my time was up I was a kiddie cruiser. Sorry I did not stay in but I was young and foolish.

Also a Plankowner, EM3 in Power Shop and sometime in the switchboard in MM3. On board from 61-64.

I'm also a Plankowner BM3 deck div looking for someone that was in the deck div from 60-63 would like to buy a crusie book if anyone has extra

Did any of you know who worked on the boilers there in Philly ? I was told my dad , H.C.Thomposn, was asked to work on them but have not found out any specific info on it. He retired from the Navy in 57 sometime and worked at the ship yard afterward. He could have gone by Tommy or Pete. Do any of you recall anything like that ? I was told that the whole system had to be changed. Does that sound familiar ???
Thanks for any info.
Sandy