Return to Website

Vegetarianteen.com Teen Board

Welcome to the "teens only" forum (OK, you might catch a parent lurking from time to time). Please keep it clean! Abusive or profane posts will be deleted. Please report uncool posts to editor@vegetarianteen.com. NO SOLICITING!

Vegetarianteen.com Teen Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
im new, please help me

Okay im new to the whole vegetarian thing,

Ive been one for about a week now,
and i have no vegetarian friends,
would anyone want to chat, give tips, or encourage me, lol.
thanks,

Bryanna

Re: im new, please help me

I'm new too! haha, I'm going raw AFTER new years, I love lasagna! Today, I've eaten a bagel and half a cream puff I don't know any other teens going raw, but I get lots of inspiration from books. Oodles to you!
Natalia

Re: im new, please help me

Hey, Congrats on going vegetarian! It was pretty tough for me, but it's completely worth it! You may not have any trouble. Have you told your parents about your decision yet? Be prepared for any reaction (the reactions I got were of complete oblivion!). Check out some websites for great ideas and recipes. Some of my fave's are:
www.vegweb.com -- this one is a must-see
www.goveg.com -- they can hook you up with a standard veg starter kit
www.vegforlife.org
www.veganoutreach.org

There are SO many other great ones. Don't be afraid of trying new foods. Despite what your parents might think, tofu is NOT from Mars!
I have one vegetarian friend luckily, you may be able to convert some! If you want to chat, or need any advice, don't hesitate to email me!

--Sarah