Return to Website

Vegetarianteen.com Teen Board

Welcome to the "teens only" forum (OK, you might catch a parent lurking from time to time). Please keep it clean! Abusive or profane posts will be deleted. Please report uncool posts to editor@vegetarianteen.com. NO SOLICITING!

Vegetarianteen.com Teen Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dating a meat eater........

Woah! complete opposite views on the whole veg thing. the guy i am with was a big meat eater too.. we're not really planning to get married anytime soon lol but the same conversations have come with him. at first when i told him that i was a vegetarian he didnt understand exactly how much my heart was in it he didnt want to change his lifestyle at all. the more we talked about it though the more he saw how much it would mean to me if he made even a couple of changes to they way he does things and the products he uses, i think our talks went well and he was able to understand better because it wasnt like an argument where i was telling him not to do something and he felt i was making him change all thesethings or like i was trying control him and tell him he was wrong. part of being in a relationship i guess is being able to compromise. if your boyfriend loves you a lot which im sure he does i think in time he might be willing to make some changes. especially if he sees that what hes doing hurts you. my boyfriend is now considering going veg..or just eating less meat it was gradual though and happened over many months.hes almost there!lol so there is hope! and.. they can be won over! i think it would be good to just have a calm talk with him lol.. compromise and give it time.

Re: Re: dating a meat eater........

OMG, lose the zero and get ur self a vegan hero, eatin animalz is wrong an ppl shouldnt do it eva.

Re: dating a meat eater........

The factory farm thing is just wrong. I say you give him an ultimatum (even if you won't actually leave). If he luvs u, he will make the right decision. Good luck!