Return to Website

Vegetarianteen.com Teen Board

Welcome to the "teens only" forum (OK, you might catch a parent lurking from time to time). Please keep it clean! Abusive or profane posts will be deleted. Please report uncool posts to editor@vegetarianteen.com. NO SOLICITING!

Vegetarianteen.com Teen Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IMPORTANT QUESTION REGARDING MY VEGETARIANISM

i have been finding more and more things are made of gelatin that i hope no idea. i stop eating them when i find out, but am i still a vegetarian if i accidentally ate it? also, is kosher gelatin safe or is that just a different way of killing them???

Re: IMPORTANT QUESTION REGARDING MY VEGETARIANISM

If you accidentally ate something you are still considered vegetarian. Accidents happen they're part of life as long as it wasn't intentional i wouldn't worry about it.

As far as i know kosher gelatin is still non vegetarian. Though you can get vegetarian gelatin, well something similar. It's worth asking in your local health food shop.

Also in future you'll probably get more responses if you goto http://www.veggieboards.com They have a teen section which is or was attached to this site ( vegetarianteen.com).

Re: IMPORTANT QUESTION REGARDING MY VEGETARIANISM

Just because you sliped once doesnt make you an none-vegetarian. ANd I am not sure about the kosher thing because I am a Pagan, not a Jew. And not all geletin is made from boiled pig skins and cows hoofs, you can find some vegetarian geletin based products, LIKE TOFUTII!! TOFUTI IS AWESOME. I thought I would hate tofu... just look at the name BUT ITS AWESOME!