Return to Website

Vegetarianteen.com Teen Board

Welcome to the "teens only" forum (OK, you might catch a parent lurking from time to time). Please keep it clean! Abusive or profane posts will be deleted. Please report uncool posts to editor@vegetarianteen.com. NO SOLICITING!

Vegetarianteen.com Teen Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PLEASE HELP ASAP

i know this is late notice but 2omorrow our course optioning sheets are due. i want to take AP biology buti'm oppossed to dissection. im not sure if our teacher would offer alternatives as he takes the typical "dissecting is learning, what's the big deal" view on it. i'm not sure how much they dissect, and otherwise i want to take the class. should i take it???

Re: PLEASE HELP ASAP

its not a matter of "how much they dissect"... if you're fully against dissection then i wouldn't dare set foot in the classroom. i know this will effect your schooling... but i'm sure there's another way around this. speak to your school counsellor, or even the admin/school board if you have to. no mark is worth an animals life - be it a tiny worm, frog or even a cat. its all up to you now.

please think of the animals...

your veggie elder,

s.

Re: Re: PLEASE HELP ASAP

if it's going to affect your schooling it depends. try asking your teacher what options their would be available if you did choose to take it.