Return to Website

Vegetarianteen.com Teen Board

Welcome to the "teens only" forum (OK, you might catch a parent lurking from time to time). Please keep it clean! Abusive or profane posts will be deleted. Please report uncool posts to editor@vegetarianteen.com. NO SOLICITING!

Vegetarianteen.com Teen Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PETA support or not support!

Hello my fellow vegetarians/vegans!

I have a question for ya!

As a fellow vegetarian and lover of animals um I was just wondering how many of you support the cruel animal activists known as PETA?

I ask this question because I'm doing a research project on being a vegetarian and could use the information!

I for one just so you know do NOT in any means support a wacko organization like PETA. In my personal opinion they give us fellow vegetarians/vegans a bad rep.

So I look forward to your feedback!

Re: PETA support or not support!

Wow. You made some bold statements in that message. Why would you say such outlandish things? Indeed you are entitled to your opinion, but the least you could do is justify you harsh accusations.

As a 9 year vegetarian, 2 year vegan, I support peta. I do not feel you are justified in your accusation of this organization as "wacko". Possibly you just fear what you cannot comprehend.

In your message, you make the accusation that Peta members are "cruel animal activists". I would like to know if you feel good about saying something like that. Have you personally met every member of peta and come to the conclusion they are cruel? Please tell me how you have come to this conclusion and why you feel like you can classify every single activist at peta as "cruel".

Not to be condescending, be you sound young and immature. I will give you the benefit of the doubt in hopes that you are just uninformed.

I hope that in your research project you reserve your opinions and only use facts. To have such a prejudiced bias is not a good standpoint for a research project.

Lastly, I, as a member of peta, am not striving to give YOU a good image. If other people in the world feel like they can judge one person by the actions of many, that is their fault alone. As a member of peta, I am not responsible for your reputation, just as much as you are not responsible for mine.

Re: Re: PETA support or not support!

I agree with him, these things you say are not only extremely disrespectfull to the whole PETA organization, but also, as a well known, well liked, and well informed animal rights group, they are not only uncruel, BUT THEY ARE TRYING TO STOP CRUELTY. I am a PETA member (though I am under age to join a legal protest of any sort, but I have joined) am astouneded to hear a FELLOW VEGETARIAN think these thigns of PETA. I can understand a non-vegan/vegetarian to believe these thigns, because they hear things and are uninterested with animal rights so don't actually try to confirm what they find. But a vegetarian believing this... bull****, is just idiotic. If you were a real animal lover, maybe you should confirm your facts before judging a group of over 10 million people!

I am an extremely supporter or peta... well not extreme but ya know, i relaly like them. THEY ARE NOT WHACKO DUDE. They are vrey vigilant and and trying to get teh message out. THEY DONT KILL PEOPLE FOR KILLING MEAT EATERS. In fact these people wanna turn animal killers into vegans, not kill them. They want to change the world, not hurt the living things in it. That ouwld be so stupid. DONT KILL ANIMALS O R WE WILL KILL YOU< THATS NOT WHO THEY ARE! I go to peta every day and see what is up. And yes they are a little over the top BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN THAT ARNT SITLL GOOD PEOPLE. They are just trying to gain the support of people to become vegetarian, in fact, theya re what turned me vegan in teh first place. SO GO AHEAD AND BELEIVE WHAT YOU WANT, but these are good people doing good things, for teh right reasons.

Re: Re: PETA support or not support!

I completely support Peta! They have great resources and they get out there and actually go do something. If you just sit back and watch every cruel thing that people do to animals nobody's going to be challenged to think the way that us vegetarians/vegans do. If you really wanna stop all the animal cruelty you have to get off your a** and go do something. Otherwise, there's no point to this and we are all wasting our time!!

umm, you need to not spout unsupported trash about PETA. just because they are a strong, opinionated organization does not make them "wacko" and HELLO? aren't you supposed to be on their side?
they are trying to end animal cruelty and if you are saying things anti-PETA, i am only going to assume that you are opposed to their ideals and are IN FAVOR of animal cruelty and exploitation.

please realize that you will find no support for your obvious pro-cruelty mindset (whether well informed or not) in a forum which advocates vegetarianism and compassion.

I feel lost. As far as I know PETA didn't do anything bad at all so what things are you reffering to when you say that they are all wack jobs?