Return to Website

Vegetarianteen.com Teen Board

Welcome to the "teens only" forum (OK, you might catch a parent lurking from time to time). Please keep it clean! Abusive or profane posts will be deleted. Please report uncool posts to editor@vegetarianteen.com. NO SOLICITING!

Vegetarianteen.com Teen Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
out of line?

nobody in my family is vegetarian but me, bu tmy parents do a pretty good job of supporting me. but they think im going all "extremist" buy not eating marshmallows, jello, etc b/c of gelatin. am i out of line? i thought most vegetarians didnt eat gelatin

Re: out of line?

then yu're vegan right? strict veg. im not, i eat everything but meat. you're not out of line.

Re: out of line?

They don't. Tell them you are not being an extremeist, you are just chosing to be a animal-friendly person. After all, whats the use of being a vegetarian if you are going to eat geletin? I mean its boiled pig skins and cow hooves? How do you think they get thoes skins and hooves? Don't worry about the,, if they are as supposertive as you say (I really couldnt relate my parents don't suport me at all) but they will see your point of view or at least accept teh fact you want this for yourself. What does it do to them anyway right? Its your life you should be able to control at least what you eat.