Just to put you all in the picture there will not be any more National Qualifying this year, we have 1 reserve date on 9th October which will be used subject to the weather being OK to race.
I made the decision yesterday, reluctantly, to cancel the meeting, I know it ****** off a few individuals but the majority of experienced racers understood that the conditions were not suitable, I will not run a meeting if the conditions are not suitable.
I have to get the track ready and if a meeting is run when it is as wet as it was yesterday there are many many hours of UNPAID work to get the track back to a raceable condition, I know I have done it before and vowed never to run another wet meeting because of all the repair work.
We had 15mm of rain fall on the track on Saturday night, I live 5 miles away and I only had 7mm at home, if we had only 7mm on the track then we would possibly been OK to race.
Rule 21 of The Invicta Kent Constitution clearly states: In the event of a cancelled IK National Championship qualifying round just two qualifying points meetings will count. Club members will be notified at the earliest opportunity.
You have had 6 races to qualify, that is more than several clubs around the country have had this year!!