Somerset Ornithological Society - Bird News
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ham Wall

A late a.m. visit to Ham Wall following up a reported sighting of a Purple Heron earlier this morning, again over Loxton's, produced no Heron but a Spotted Flycatcher in the large Oak beside VP 2 then a swarm of brush cutters around the Tor View hide! where a single Swift and a well marked Marsh Harrier passed by. From VP1 the Soft Track m/c was reed cutting and progress on the new hide is visibly ongoing. All in all pretty quiet on the birding front.

Re: Ham Wall

Last night what was most probably the Ham Wall Purple Heron seen by myself at a great distance at the top and to right hand side of a small tree (Loxtons). By the time I had gotten my scope set up and then readjusted the height to compensate for the obstructing wooden panel (in the "Little Bittern Hide") the bird had alighted and was not to be seen again. My wait to add Purple Heron to my County List goes on.....
3 Greenshank in flight yesterday and a quick view of a Wood Sandpiper near the 2VP which was quickly flushed by a male Marsh Harrier.

Re: Ham Wall

Wood Sand still at west end of 2VP this afternoon. Little else out of the ordinary...