Somerset Ornithological Society - Bird News
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mells Stream - Dippers & Grey Wagtails

After the excitement of Hong Kong at the end of last year and the French Mediterranean last week for 3 days, it was great to spend some time by the banks of the Mells Stream (or the River Cole depending on your persuasion!) after work this afternoon.

Stood quietly watching Grey Wagtail feeding young and Dippers collecting food at close quarters was for me as fulfilling as anything. Good to be reminded why the Dipper is my favourite bird.

Re: Mells Stream - Dippers & Grey Wagtails

Hi John
Can you give directions to this site please? Thanks.

Re: Mells Stream - Dippers & Grey Wagtails

Hi Denzil,

I would need to show you as I use some private land, with the landowner's permission, and unfortunately due to my wife having to have a big operation on her Spine on 27th May I wont be able to do any birding from that time until the early part of August.

One evening next week I am showing a visitor from Taiwan around Ham Wall/Shapwick but apart from that my outdoor activities are now at a minimum.

If you would like to contact me late August and you still wish to watch Dippers then I would be more than happy to show you.

If you would like any further guidance as to where you might be able to view Dippers before then please drop me a PM but I am very wary of any potential disturbance at this time of the Year.

Best Wishes

John