today 4 at Ember Combe also chetsford 3+ goldcrest 1 dipper 2 marsh tits

Re: Ring Ouzel

This morning only 1 ring ouzel
dipper
5 reed bunting
6 stonechat
40 golden plover flying around.

A flock of 14 Ring Ouzels and four Mistle Thrushes circled over at 8:30 this morning where Chetsford Water and Ember Combe join before dropping into the rowans. Shortly after the flock was flushed by a Merlin and several birds left high but the others returned to feed. The same happened again later and again several flew off down the Combe. When I left most of the remaining birds had moved off as well.

just come from the office well look at chestford in the morning watch this blog

Found 6 Ring Ouzel's at the confluence of Ember Combe and Chetsford at 4.00 pm yesterday. They were mainly in the gorse but were occasionally flying out to feed on the Rowan berries. Eventually they all came out of the gorse and flew up Chetsford water before exiting the Combe to the north.

This morning 12 Ring Ouzel in same area as last posting , also 2 kestrel 5 stonechat dipper and 1 or 2 reed bunting
Porlock marsh 4 little egrets pair of stonechat 4 rock pipit

6-Oct-14
Unfortunately, for us, no sign of a Ring Ouzel along Chetsford Water or the lower reaches of Ember Combe today between 14:30 and 16:00 hrs, but a dog walker was just returning along the path as we arrived, so who knows?

Bad luck Jeff brian and myself had been watching 5 ring ouzel for a good 2 hours in the same place i told you sunday when were counting black t godwits down the valley at the juction of Ember combe left hand of main stream in the rowan tree but they can hide in the gorse

Took a walk down through Chetsford Water and the lower reaches of Ember Combe on Sunday between 10 and 12. Very little bird life about, but there was a very strong wind blowing straight down the Combe. Certainly no sign of Ring Ouzels, Fieldfares or Redwings but there are plenty of berries for them to enjoy.

Plenty of Golden Plover around.

Two Ring Ouzels feeding on sloes in bushes below Hurlstone Point this morning.