Somerset Ornithological Society - Bird News
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Exmoor

Sunday nice to see a few birds still in the hill country Red kite the best bird also Peregrine falcon sparrowhawk , and kestrel all in same valley redstarts not going yet 10 seen but only 1 jul windchat 6 stonechats 3 grey wagtails and dipper even the house sparrow on the local farm having a good breeding season normal count 6 now 20 mostly juls not a bad morning for a windy Exmoor
Also green sandpiper common sandpiper and kingfisher been seen on Porlock marsh last week but by other locals.

Re: Exmoor

A lovely Exmoor morning in the valley today the first song thrushes have turn up in a mix flock with mistles Thrushes 20+ birds, Meadow pipits also turning up with a couple of tree pipits for company .5 jul windchats ,10 stonechats ,1 male redstart ,4 willow warblers 4 grey wagtail,4 blackcaps i4 magpieds and a couple of chiffcaffs trying to sing at 1200 feet.comming down the valley I met a naked walker I told him to watch out for the bee hives in cause his pride and joy got stung bring tears to your eyes just thinking about IT.