This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Swifts

3 still enjoying life in Coleford as of Yesterday

Re: Swifts

3 over Wyndham Park,Yeovil p.m 4th

4 Swifts joined by a 5th bird over the centre of Frome this evening. 1 Swift still enjoying life in the Promised Land of Coleford

Having said to a friend that I haven't seen a swift over Mark since May, one flew over the garden this evening! Heading rapidly west...

And a couple of swifts over central Frome this afternoon, flying above a nice female sparrowhawk.

3+ Swifts Coleford 5pm to Nightfall, plenty of Screeching.

I've just a large party of between 50 and 60 Swifts together very high over my house in Frome just now (5pm). Just a couple of Martins in amongst them.

One Swift flying around Coleford Athletic FC ground this afternoon.

2 swifts high over my Yeovil home either thurs or fri.

A good number at HamWall this morning. C20? Left of where the terns are.

One over Wadeford, near Chard yesterday evening (9th)

3 Swifts feeding overhead last evening (9th) in Williton.

hia , had 2 x common swifts hawking low over Dunster beach at 1500h`rs today 10/08/14 the tide was out the only other thing note was 40+ Canada geese at the golf course end. cheers Chris

10+ Swifts at Noahs lake today.

One over Welington this afternoon and one seen entering a roof in Bridgwater this morning, seems very late to be nesting.

One over wadham park Crewkerne this morning.

Hi Simon,

During a wet summer a couple of years ago Swifts were entering a nest until 7th September. The reproduction process of egg and Juv Swift is worth reading!

Best Wishes

John

Yesterday ( Bank Holiday Monday) around 1045, in rain but just before the onset of the heavy continuous rain there were 5 Swifts over Noah's Lake Shapwick together with a couple of hundred hirundines, mostly Sand Martins with a few Swallows and House Martins. The Swifts soon disappeared but the Martins continued feeding low over the water.

At least half a dozen swifts in the rain over the Huntspill estuary yesterday too, with swallows, but only swallows seen this morning (and 2 wheatears).

At least 10 swifts feeding over Shapwick heath this afternoon, after showers.

Single Swift over Glastonbury 5.42pm this evening after work

A Swift loitering around in the proximity of our House, Coleford, for a brief spell just now.

Same height as our Attic Window so seen very well and close.

Single Swift over Noah's Lake this Thurs. afternoon where the Osprey was still in residence