Somerset Ornithological Society - Bird News
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ringed Little Egret Westhay 6th Jan.

Yesterday (Mon). morning there was a colour ringed Little Egret on the flooded fields just south of Westhay Reserve Orange on the left leg and Green on the right. Has anyone reported this bird recently? drop me an e mail please if you have so I don't send an unnecessary duplicate record to the ringer

Re: Ringed Little Egret Westhay 6th Jan.

On Friday last 10th I received this from J. Gibbs, who hadn't been able to post the sightings.
" this afternoon I counted 54 Little Egrets in 3 different locations ,37 at Westhay Moor Drove + two that flew in as I was leaving , returning by North Chine drove 9 in one field west of Daggs drove and 6 West of London Drove"

On the previous day I had counted 41 in the fields just south of the car park on Dags Lane that included the ringed bird again. Highest numbers I have seen togetherfor a couple of years.

I have contacted the Euro Coordinator in France ref the ringed bird and sent him photos unfortunately he can't recognise the sequence!

44 Little Egrets together at 1600 today in one feeding flock in a field opposite the junction of Westhay Moor Drove and Lewis's Drove.

64 Little Egrets in the fields alongside Westhay Moor Drove this morning