Return to Website

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇

All Mui Fans are welcome to post, but no swearing, attacking, name-calling and please respect other people's opinions. Forum manager reserves the right to delete any messages that violate above stated principles. 所有梅迷歡迎在此留言, 交換意見, 互通消息. 請自律! 壇主保留刪除任何含有攻擊性留言的權利!

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ten Years.... Let's Take a Moment of Silence and Reflect Upon......

Today is December 30th, 2013. It has been 10 years since Anita's passing.
May be this is a good time for each one of us to take a moment of silence and reflect upon what we have been doing or what we have experienced in the past 10 years.

Have we taken better care of our own health?
Are we still taking things for granted or have we become more appreciative of what we have, as well as cherish the friends and family members around us more than before.
Have we become more generous and remember that being able to give is a gift.
Have we all become a more caring person?

Has each one of us turned into a better person in the past 10 years and could this be, at least partially, directly or indirectly due to the influence of Anita and the "Anita Spirit".

I think the answer is probably Yes for all of the above, applying to most or all of our readers here.
Let’s try to maintain that type of spirit and adopt that as part of our mandate in life.

In a newspaper report yesterday(taken from Singtao newspaper below and the full report will be uploaded and translated later regarding the memorial concert being organized for Dec 30th):
學友坦言與志偉已經盡力做到最好:「希望一百年後,不管樂壇或娛圈,阿梅的名字也沒有被人忘記或抹走,雖然中間有好多原因令阿梅未能得到她應有的榮耀。」

Jackie Cheung said he and Eric have tried to do their best:
“I hope that 100 years later, whether is the field of music or entertainment, the name Anita Mui will not be forgotten or wiped out, even though due to multiple reasons, Anita has not been getting the honour that she deserves”.

There are now discussions about putting up a bronze statue on “Avenue of Stars” in Hong Kong in honour of Anita. Bruce Lee has a bronze statue there right now, let’s hope there will be one for Anita in the near future.

Last but not least, I want to thank Woodstock and Snoopy again for setting up this website. I got to know more about Anita mainly through this site. It is a good medium for others to find out more about this very special star and a good platform for fans to exchange ideas. Sadly, Woodstock is no longer with us, and her demise reinforces the notion of how things could be so unpredictable and that we should always cherish what we have and also those friends/family members we have around us.

Disclaimers: This website and the Materials are provided "as is" and "as available", without warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory. CasperSnoopy does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this website and/or the Materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Materials. The content available here represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider.