Return to Website

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇

All Mui Fans are welcome to post, but no swearing, attacking, name-calling and please respect other people's opinions. Forum manager reserves the right to delete any messages that violate above stated principles. 所有梅迷歡迎在此留言, 交換意見, 互通消息. 請自律! 壇主保留刪除任何含有攻擊性留言的權利!

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Auction of Anita's Personal Items

Please go to NEWS update section from main website to see article about upcoming auction of Anita's personal items
or
use this link to go there directly:
http://www.anita-mui.org/index.htm

Re: Auction of Anita's Personal Items

New articles uploaded Oct 11th and 12th at
http://www.anita-mui.org/index.htm

(also can be accessed from website's main page.)

New article from Oct 13th news report has just been uploaded to the same site.

More Articles Recently Uploaded, including an interview of Ben Lam from Oct 10th.

For those who need translation, please check back in a couple days and I hope to translate bit by bit over time.

Regarding the recent auction, most newspaper headlines have been somewhat negative. So to balance things out, I have chosen to first translate a section within MingPao weekly magazine (Oct 13th 2013). Perhaps Denise Ho's perception of this event could make readers feel a bit more at ease.

--========================
Taken from MingPao weekly magazine (Oct 13th 2013)
--========================
Denise Ho: can live up to the status of being Anita's student

As Anita's most favourite student, and also as the student who loves Anita the most, Denise has always visited Lantau Island every year for the past 9 years, to pay respect to Anita on the anniversary date of her passing. (Anita has a memorial plaque in the temple there).

"Actually, remembering C-Fu (teacher) is not limited to the anniversary date, what's more important is to extend her spirit (as in her attitude etc) into our everyday life."

Today she has been busy with the preparation of her concert. She has only read the headlines in the newspaper, but never carefully read the details of the reportings or the pictures. How does she feel about the auction sale of all her teacher's belongings.

"These types of things are not within our control, and cannot be avoided. Even though I feel it is a real pity, but I consider these as just physical materialistic items. What's truly important is her voice, her brotherhood/comradeship spirit. These are the most important things to stay forever in our hearts. I believe those who bid on her belongings are also people who love her, and will preserve and save those items......"
-------------------------
Translation to be continued.

I went to this auction. Before the aution, those who paied the deposit could go into Anita's house to see the items. There were more than 400 items. The auction took about for 8 hours.

AT,
Do share your experience with us here. Thanks.

AT:

Thanks for your posting. Good to see you back here at the forum.

Please let us know how you feel and your experience at the auction.

By the way, more translation has been done in the NEWS section.

For those of you following up on the magazine/newspaper reporting, this week's translation will be a bit late.

Please check back here around Wed/Thursday for translation updates.

Disclaimers: This website and the Materials are provided "as is" and "as available", without warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory. CasperSnoopy does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this website and/or the Materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Materials. The content available here represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider.