Return to Website

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇

All Mui Fans are welcome to post, but no swearing, attacking, name-calling and please respect other people's opinions. Forum manager reserves the right to delete any messages that violate above stated principles. 所有梅迷歡迎在此留言, 交換意見, 互通消息. 請自律! 壇主保留刪除任何含有攻擊性留言的權利!

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mui's mother asked for Moving Fee

Mui's Mother asked for $300,000 Moving-Fee, and the Judge approved for $160,000 (HK dollars)

-- to be translated later

梅媽求30萬搬遷費 獲批16萬

[2012-01-20]Share

本報記者彭嘉賢香港報道

已故藝人梅艷芳的母親覃美金(梅媽),因為跑馬地寓所租約到期要搬屋,十九日在高等法院向梅艷芳臨時遺產執行人申請三十萬元搬遷費,但法官潘兆初指遺產的現金流不足,故只批出十六萬元,並勸梅媽要「睇餸食飯」,梅媽聽後大發雷霆,炮轟遺產管理人變賣梅艷芳的遺物獲得六百萬,「我申請三十萬都唔係好過分啫!」
梅媽指業主要出售物業,她須於本月二十五日搬走,新居月租四萬八千元,她尚要支付按金、上期、經紀佣金、搬運及裝修費,而且早前「使突咗」,要用舊屋的按金抵銷欠租,此時法官勸她要睇餸食飯,梅媽聽後即反駁:「我做乜要睇餸食飯,個女係要畀我優質生活!」梅媽又藉故炮轟遺產信託人及管理人:「你哋梗係想我瓜,我要買人參食,要駁長條命來睇住你哋。」
遺產信託人滙豐國際信託有限公司及臨時遺產執行人,指遺產現時只有一百五十九萬元現金,扣除未來開支後,估計今年九月底只剩下十六萬元,而且爭產官司多年來的律師費及遺產管理費高達五千萬,雖然遺產持有巿值一億元的壽臣山道物業,以及跑馬地快活閣單位,但梅媽入稟爭議業權及將物業「釘契」,難以出售。

Re: Mui's mother asked for Moving Fee

Partial quick summary:

Mui's mother rental lease is expiring and needs to move out by January 25th. The new place costs $48,000 per month for rent, plus she needs to pay for moving charges, agents' fees, renovation costs, deposits etc, and is asking the court to pay her $300,000 for all these expenses.

The Judge said there is limited cash in the Trust Fund and only approved for $160,000. When the Judge asked Mui's mother to watch her spending, she said "Why do I need to watch my spending, my daughter wanted me to have good quality life style....." She also blasted at the Estate Trust Fund management company for auctioning off Anita's belonging for $6 million dollars, and said '... asking for $300,000 is not too much.."....... to be continued.....

Re: Mui's mother asked for Moving Fee

(Continue from above).....

Mui'mother also blasted at the Estate Fund Trustee and Manager " Of course you want me to die, I need to buy ginseng, lengthen my lifespan to keep an eye on you".

Estate Fund Trustee HSBC International Trust Ltd and temporay Estate Executor pointed out that the estate only has 1.59 million dollars in cash. After deducting future expenses, it is estimated that there will only be $160,000 remaining by the end of September. Besides, with all the legal battles over the years, the lawyers' fees and estate management fees add up to $50 million. Even though the estate holds the Shouson Hill Road property which has a market value of $100 million, and there is also an apartment unit in Happy Valley, but Mui's mother has filed a lawsuit to fight over property ownership, and put a lien on the property(ies) , so it is difficult for it(them) to be sold.

NOTE:
All amounts are in $HK dollars.
Not clear from the news report above whether the fight for property ownership is for one or both of those properties mentioned.

Disclaimers: This website and the Materials are provided "as is" and "as available", without warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory. CasperSnoopy does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this website and/or the Materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Materials. The content available here represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider.