Return to Website

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇

All Mui Fans are welcome to post, but no swearing, attacking, name-calling and please respect other people's opinions. Forum manager reserves the right to delete any messages that violate above stated principles. 所有梅迷歡迎在此留言, 交換意見, 互通消息. 請自律! 壇主保留刪除任何含有攻擊性留言的權利!

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pep Talk ( most detailed version) written by Andy Hui

BeepBeep, I am looking forward to reading your translation but please take your time as much as you can. I will wait.
What I want to say is please do not get stress.

AT:
Thanks for your understanding and thoughtfulness.
I am taking a break from the "Japan Tour of July 2003" article and start to translate this one.

TITLE: Conversation with Anita Benefited (me) for Life.

At around 3 or 4am in the morning, during a bus ride on the highway from Holland to Germany, a short little conversation with Anita.

Andy: C-fu (teacher), how can one become popular (as in becoming a red-hot popular artiste).
Mui: One can be popular for life, or be popular for a short time. Difference is whether you want to be popular for a short or long period of time. Just for a short time can rely on luck, just like a (special type of) flower; but if you want to stay popular for a long time, you need to have inner qualities at heart, fully prepared, be able to fully express all (the potentials) that the Deity (or Lord or any generic term similar to Lord) gave you. Over many years, refined and refined, never slacking off. There is only one short-cut to becoming popular, and that's abandoning all excuses.

To be continued......

Andy:
Somebody like you who is just born to be a singer and dancer, what would you be scared of.

Anita: Who says I am not scared when I am on stage. I just know how to overcome my fear. Every time I finished recording a fast song, I would take it home, and play it repeatedly, then dance in different ways in front of the mirror. Remember all the good poses, not just for one day, but practice until even you become attracted to your own image in the mirror. Got to express that charisma through your body. Every movement of your hand and foot, has got to be your own, your unique in-born self. Nobody can steal that away from you....... to be continued.

....Continue from last time..

If I didn't tell you, you would not know that when I used to sing in lounges, I mostly chose to sing Teresa Teng's songs. May be because of the high pitch, my voice got over-stressed , the pitch eventually came down. Later on ended up singing Paula Tsui's songs, but that doesn't matter. Singing is not singing the pitch, the most important thing is the "flavour". Got to sing in Anita Mui flavour/feel.

(Andy:)What does it take to be considered successful. (Mui:) One day when you sing on the stage, if every person in the audience could feel that there was one moment that you were personally singing to him/her, then that's the start of your success.

How to interact with others.
(Mui:) If somebody wants to step on you, just let him(her). Even if someone wants to step on you twice, just let it be. (Andy:) So you fight back the third time?
(Mui:) No, for the third time, he/she will not step on you as hard. Fighting back is never the best method to treat those who are not nice to you. Having the opportunity to forgive others and to let go is a form of blessings.

Continue from last week.....

(Andy:) You are so talented...
(Mui:) "No, talents that the Lord (or any Deity in general) has granted you is not a given. It is entirely up to you how you can make use of those talents. The Lord only gave you the key, whether or not you can open the door to the sky is up to you. Success is dependent upon contribution. As to whether or not I am successful, why don't you tell me in the future, okay?"

Anita then smiled, put her head against the head-rest of the seat, closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and went to sleep. That was many years ago, but the whole image is still very vivid to me. Even though we were whispering on the bus, because we did not want to wake up others, but her words strongly went into my ear drum, and benfitted me for life, always stayed in my heart.

Beep Beep, thank you very much for your translation.
It is not a new episorde for Anita's fans, neverthless, I am moved by what Anita talked Andy Hui.

Disclaimers: This website and the Materials are provided "as is" and "as available", without warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory. CasperSnoopy does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this website and/or the Materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Materials. The content available here represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider.