Return to Website

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇

All Mui Fans are welcome to post, but no swearing, attacking, name-calling and please respect other people's opinions. Forum manager reserves the right to delete any messages that violate above stated principles. 所有梅迷歡迎在此留言, 交換意見, 互通消息. 請自律! 壇主保留刪除任何含有攻擊性留言的權利!

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pep Talk ( most detailed version) written by Andy Hui

In SingTao Newspaper (Jan 2nd 2012), Andy *** (Hui Gee-On) wrote an article about a conversation between him and Anita while riding on a bus from Holland to Germany.

I am sure you have heard Andy talking about this at various times on different occasions, but this is the fullest, most detailed version that I have ever heard or read.

The Anita Spirit is revealed here once again, and I am most impressed with her view points given that she was only about 28 years old at the time (assuming the World Tour took place in 1991).

-- to be translated later on.

與梅姐一席話 畢生受用

[2012-01-02]Share

凌晨3、4時,坐在大巴士由荷蘭開往德國的一條高速公路上和梅艷芳的一段少少對話。
(安)師傅,怎樣可以紅?(梅)紅可一時,也可一世,分別在於你想一時還是一世,紅一時可靠運氣,像曇花一現,但要長久的紅就要有心理素質,充分的準備,把上天給你的盡量發揮,經年累月,磨練再磨練,沒有懶惰,要紅的捷徑只有一條,就是捨棄任何藉口。(安)天生異稟像你懂唱懂跳還怕甚麼?(梅)誰說我站在台上時甚麼都不怕,只不過我懂克服而已,每當我錄完一首快歌,便拿回家中不斷的播放,然後對着鏡子擺出不同的舞姿,把好的全記下來,不止一天,要練習到連自己也被鏡內的自己所吸引,把哪些魅力透過自己的身體表達出來,一舉手,一投足都屬於自己天生的獨有,誰也奪不走。還有,我不告訴你你也不會知道以前我在酒廊唱歌的時候多數會選鄧麗君的歌曲,因為聲調偏高,可能用聲太多,調子慢慢降下來,到後來要改唱徐小鳳的歌,但不要緊,唱歌不是唱音,味道最重要,要唱出梅艷芳的味道。(安)哪怎樣才算成功?(梅)當一天你在台上唱歌,台下每一位觀眾都感覺到有一刻你是在單獨對着他(她)而唱的,就是你成功的開始。(安)怎樣做人處事?(梅)人家要踩你一腳,由他吧!踩你兩腳也由他吧!(安)哪第三腳才還擊?(梅)不是,第3腳只是讓他(她)踩得沒那麼狠、沒那麼深,還擊從來都不是對你不好的人的最佳方法。能有機會去寬恕別人,放過別人都算是種福氣。(安)像你天才橫溢......(梅)不,上天給你的天賦不是白給的,後天造化全憑自己,上天只給你一道鑰匙,要不打開天空之門就看自己。成功在乎貢獻,至於我成功與否,不如日後你話給我知。好吧!
她微微一笑,把頭輕輕的放在座位的頭墊上,閉上眼睛,神態自若地深呼吸了一囗,然後進睡。事隔多年,我還歷歷在目,雖然我們在巴士上所說的話都是悄悄的,因怕吵醒別人,但她的話卻句句有力地鑽進我的耳窩,就像老子騎着青牛出西關前,拋下那5千字的真言道理,終生受用,銘記於心。至愛留給我們的,不止過去,而是將來。正如我曾為你說過,絕代芳華當然好,流年似水也不錯,生離太多,死別不少,不願不能,不捨不得。一別8年,還好嗎?仍在想你,就將那心裏的一塊黑洞寫進思念中,意識還在,精神不滅,相信在彩虹的另一端,妳也會繼續千呼萬喚,顛倒眾生。

許志安

Re: Pep Talk ( most detailed version) written by Andy Hui

BeepBeep, I am looking forward to reading your translation but please take your time as much as you can. I will wait.
What I want to say is please do not get stress.

AT:
Thanks for your understanding and thoughtfulness.
I am taking a break from the "Japan Tour of July 2003" article and start to translate this one.

TITLE: Conversation with Anita Benefited (me) for Life.

At around 3 or 4am in the morning, during a bus ride on the highway from Holland to Germany, a short little conversation with Anita.

Andy: C-fu (teacher), how can one become popular (as in becoming a red-hot popular artiste).
Mui: One can be popular for life, or be popular for a short time. Difference is whether you want to be popular for a short or long period of time. Just for a short time can rely on luck, just like a (special type of) flower; but if you want to stay popular for a long time, you need to have inner qualities at heart, fully prepared, be able to fully express all (the potentials) that the Deity (or Lord or any generic term similar to Lord) gave you. Over many years, refined and refined, never slacking off. There is only one short-cut to becoming popular, and that's abandoning all excuses.

To be continued......

Andy:
Somebody like you who is just born to be a singer and dancer, what would you be scared of.

Anita: Who says I am not scared when I am on stage. I just know how to overcome my fear. Every time I finished recording a fast song, I would take it home, and play it repeatedly, then dance in different ways in front of the mirror. Remember all the good poses, not just for one day, but practice until even you become attracted to your own image in the mirror. Got to express that charisma through your body. Every movement of your hand and foot, has got to be your own, your unique in-born self. Nobody can steal that away from you....... to be continued.

....Continue from last time..

If I didn't tell you, you would not know that when I used to sing in lounges, I mostly chose to sing Teresa Teng's songs. May be because of the high pitch, my voice got over-stressed , the pitch eventually came down. Later on ended up singing Paula Tsui's songs, but that doesn't matter. Singing is not singing the pitch, the most important thing is the "flavour". Got to sing in Anita Mui flavour/feel.

(Andy:)What does it take to be considered successful. (Mui:) One day when you sing on the stage, if every person in the audience could feel that there was one moment that you were personally singing to him/her, then that's the start of your success.

How to interact with others.
(Mui:) If somebody wants to step on you, just let him(her). Even if someone wants to step on you twice, just let it be. (Andy:) So you fight back the third time?
(Mui:) No, for the third time, he/she will not step on you as hard. Fighting back is never the best method to treat those who are not nice to you. Having the opportunity to forgive others and to let go is a form of blessings.

Continue from last week.....

(Andy:) You are so talented...
(Mui:) "No, talents that the Lord (or any Deity in general) has granted you is not a given. It is entirely up to you how you can make use of those talents. The Lord only gave you the key, whether or not you can open the door to the sky is up to you. Success is dependent upon contribution. As to whether or not I am successful, why don't you tell me in the future, okay?"

Anita then smiled, put her head against the head-rest of the seat, closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and went to sleep. That was many years ago, but the whole image is still very vivid to me. Even though we were whispering on the bus, because we did not want to wake up others, but her words strongly went into my ear drum, and benfitted me for life, always stayed in my heart.

Beep Beep, thank you very much for your translation.
It is not a new episorde for Anita's fans, neverthless, I am moved by what Anita talked Andy Hui.

Disclaimers: This website and the Materials are provided "as is" and "as available", without warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory. CasperSnoopy does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this website and/or the Materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Materials. The content available here represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider.