Return to Website

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇

All Mui Fans are welcome to post, but no swearing, attacking, name-calling and please respect other people's opinions. Forum manager reserves the right to delete any messages that violate above stated principles. 所有梅迷歡迎在此留言, 交換意見, 互通消息. 請自律! 壇主保留刪除任何含有攻擊性留言的權利!

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bon anniversaire

HI FB, BeepBeep and other Anita fans,

I went to HK for her birthday events. I feel lucky that I could go there again because my personal reasons. Both my parents in Japan were hospitalized and had majoy operations past five months, but now they are out of hospitals.

In Japan mourning for loved ones, if I remember correctly, lasts for 33 years. The first, second, seventh, thirteenth, seventeenth, twenty third, twenty seventh and thirty third years are important.

However, I totally agree with FB that we should shift "from grief to incredible gratitude that we were lucky enough to be alive at the same time as the amazing Anita Mui." I am still fasinated her performances on stage and TV.

Re: Bon anniversaire

AT: Sorry to hear about your parents' illness. Good to know that they had a speedy recovery such that you could visit HK again.

As for the mourning period, I am amazed that time period is so long in Japanese culture.

FB: IF I am not mistaken, the 1, 3, and 7 that you were referring to are meant to be weeks, and not years. It is quite common for special prayer sessions or other memorial activities to take place at the end of 1st week, the 3rd week, and at the end of the 7th week from the date that the person passed away. So the more intense mourning period is in the first 7 weeks.

Disclaimers: This website and the Materials are provided "as is" and "as available", without warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory. CasperSnoopy does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this website and/or the Materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Materials. The content available here represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider.