Return to Website

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇

All Mui Fans are welcome to post, but no swearing, attacking, name-calling and please respect other people's opinions. Forum manager reserves the right to delete any messages that violate above stated principles. 所有梅迷歡迎在此留言, 交換意見, 互通消息. 請自律! 壇主保留刪除任何含有攻擊性留言的權利!

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Taiwanese song writer talked about Anita

I saw it on Baidu already. Mui Mui is so cute & lovely

Re: Taiwanese song writer talked about Anita

Continuation of the same interview of "Little Worm"

The "Intimate Lover" produced that year totally changed her "Bad Girl" image from head to toe into the image of a refined woman, how did you write that song for her?

Little Worm: "One day I was in the studio. Anita said to me: 'Worm-Gor (Gor means older-brother. Calling someone this way shows a sign of respect for the person. People often refer to Leslie Cheung as Gor-Gor for the same reason.) Is it okay if we stop recording after 10pm? Or else just let me take a break for half an hour to an hour?'
I said: 'Everyday?'
She said: 'Yes, everyday.'
I said: 'Why?'
She said: 'Don't ask, I just don't (want to) record after 10pm.'
I agreed, but she could see that I was disappointed. Then she said that if I am still in good spirit after an hour, we can resume the recording.

Then everyday, around 10pm, she dropped her headphone, stopped recording and stepped out. Within 5 minutes, the phone would ring. I was getting curious why was it so punctual everyday. Then she was like "Little bird leaning against a person" while talking, hiding in the corner, crouching down, chatting happily, the face was so sweet.

I found out later from elsewhere that she was in love. The other person lived abroad, and there was a time difference. (BeepBeep's comment: I think that was Paul, calling from England.) So he was calling punctually at 10 o'clock to see how Anita was doing, to have a loving chat.

I observed for 2 to 3 days in a row, and felt that (she) was very adorable. (She) was a diva already, and still had that sensation of a little girl. The kind of joy and sweetness from being in love, I was looking at her from a distance, and wrote this song "Intimate Lover" at the piano.

She was very happy after talking on the phone. Every day after chatting on the phone, she was flying around like an angel. I said : ' You come over here. Just when you were talking on the phone, I wrote a song.'
Then I sang it for her to listen to. She learned it very quickly. Then she said: 'this is a very nice song (pleasant to hear)'.

I feel that a lot of people don't realize what Anita needed inside her heart. I hope that through this song, I can tell all her fans who love her, that Anita really was hoping for love. She did not only hope for love, she also wanted to bless everyone to have love. So the last song in this "Intimate Lover" album is the piano version, which is the version I wrote that day, and also the most original version. It is most sincere and genuine as well.

This album has proven to be a big-seller. I thank Anita Mui very much for willing to sing this song. Some big-shots you know, they won't sing certain songs. Yet she was willing to sing this song and sang it so well. I am very grateful.

Disclaimers: This website and the Materials are provided "as is" and "as available", without warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory. CasperSnoopy does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this website and/or the Materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Materials. The content available here represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider.