Return to Website

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇

All Mui Fans are welcome to post, but no swearing, attacking, name-calling and please respect other people's opinions. Forum manager reserves the right to delete any messages that violate above stated principles. 所有梅迷歡迎在此留言, 交換意見, 互通消息. 請自律! 壇主保留刪除任何含有攻擊性留言的權利!

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: Thanks for the latest NEWS update

With a BIG THANK YOU to FY and Woodstock for their diligence in updating the NEWS section of the website, I can now come back here to summarize the outcome of the 3 cases as listed at the top of this page, and just copied here below:

(1) Mui's brother $3 billion lawsuit against the hospital and several other people.
(2) Mui's mother suing HSBC bank lady, Eddie Lau, and Mui's assistant for stealing from the safe that Mui kept at home.
(3) Mui's mother challenging the validity of the document that Mui signed (when she was sick in hospital) for designating HSBC to manage her Estate Trust Fund and to be the Executor of her Will.

Case (1) was thrown out of court last year, and just got thrown out of court again in the appeal (see NEWS section dated June 13th, 2008). Judge has ordered Mui's brother and mother to pay the legal costs for the defendants.

Case (2) was thrown out of court last year.

Case (3) was on trial between mid-April to mid-May of this year.
The verdict has just come out (see NEWS section dated June 16, 2008), and Mui's mother has lost the case.

Anita's will is declared to be VALID. HURRAY!!!

There is also reporting (in other news sources) that the Judge has ordered for everyone's legal costs to be paid by Anita's Estates Trust Fund. I am quite surprised at this ruling. Isnt' this going to encouage more lawsuits from the mother/brother pair since they can now walk free from this without having to pay anything?

Actually, I would also like to see Mui Ma's monthly allowance of $120,000 to go back down to the $70,000 as stated in Anita's will, but I doubt very much the Judge would go back on that ruling.

All in all, I am still super excited that justice has prevailed. Anita's wishes finally get the respect that they deserve

Below is a CORRECTION to my previous posting written just a few hours ago (up above regarding case 3).

In an earlier NEWS article(SingTao Daily), it was reported that all the legal costs would be paid by Anita's Estate Trust Fund.

However, in the latest News (MingPao Daily), it is reported that the Judge ordered Mui Ma to pay her own legal costs (this makes more sense), while the defendants will use the money from Anita's Estate Trust Fund to pay for their legal bills.

In the end, it is really the same thing because Mui Ma's only source of income is the Estate Trust Fund.

Thank you very much to Woodstock, FY and beepbeep

I am so happy that justice prevails and that Anita wishes are fulfilled. Anita's mom said she will appeal, so I hope the case will be turned down.

文章日期:2008年6月21日

【明報專訊】... 對於梅媽爭奪梅艷芳遺產敗訴後,打算上訴一事,阿詩說:「我不是當事人,所以不方便講,不過,相信阿梅希望以和為貴,事件快點平息,不想睇到這情景出現。」

Dear Woodstock, BeepBeep, Snoopy, FY,Sheila

I'm a Thai fan of your website.
I'm really appreciated that you introduce me know
a wonderful woman : Mui Jei.
She becomes my idol since I know her from your website. Thank you for updating all news and everything about Mui Jei.

I plan to fly to Hong Kong in 1 or 2 weeks
to buy Mui Jei's DVD. Is there any event related to Mui Jei, please recommend me to join?
I wish there will be Mui Jei's Memorial consert soon since Mui Jei's Estate Lawsuit is happy endding.
Thank you so much (^_^)

Apatson:

Welcome to be a fan of Mui Jei.

From the Chinese Forum, I notice there is going to be a charity show helped by a group of Mui fans: Mui Nation, on Jun 28. So if you are interested you can visit

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/muination/article?mid=588

for more details.

Wish you a wonderful and fruitful trip in Hong Kong.

After reading the latest news update (dated Sept 6th in the NEWS section of this website), I feel sad that the rights of the 2002 and 2003 concerts got approval to be sold off. I don't think this would have been Anita's wish and it really doesn't seem to be necessary at this point. There are still so many assets that can be liquidated. Selling the rights to these concerts should be the last resort.

Due to the appeal, it is still the provisional will and trust managers responsible for distributing money from the trust fund. Somehow I feel that if there were no appeal, if HSBC could have regained control to the trust fund, they would handle it differently. They might have a bit more respect for Anita's legacy.

Now we understand why Marianne had said a while back that MuiMusic would release some sort of CDs or DVDs, but then nothing has been done. Due to the lawsuits, the rights to the concerts were held "frozen" and that's why Marianne was not able to do anything. I have a feeling that Anita kept her company MuiMusic running mainly because she would like to have her company put out music products from those two concerts.

MuiMusic and these concert copyrights go hand-in-hand as part of Anita's legacy. If these concert rights are sold off, MuiMusic would become a very handicapped company. We can only hope that the accounting firm, which I think has been the provisional estate fund manager for several years now as appointed by the Judge, would do things step by step. Hope they would first get bank loans through the use of the real estate properties as collaterals (which should yield lots of cash already), and sell the concert rights only as the last step if necessary.

Remember the lawsuit?

This is the one that went on trial in 2008, in which Mui's mother challenged the validity of the document that Mui signed (when she was sick in hospital) for designating HSBC to manage her Estate Trust Fund and to be the Executor of her Will.

Mui's mother wants to over-turn her own daughter's will. She lost the case in 2008.
Anita's will was declared to be valid by the Judge in June 2008.

Mui's mother appealed and it has been reported recently that she had lost again. THANK GOODNESS.

This means Anita's will and wishes are being upheld by the law again. Justice is being served once more. Unfortunately Mui's mother claims she would continue to appeal

Below is original reporting found in SingTao (not yet fully translated.)

梅媽不服裁決上訴終審

[2010-07-16]

■梅媽與梅啟明對上訴失敗不服氣,聲言告到中央都要告。

梅艷芳的媽媽昨日聯同大仔梅啟明和一位李姓朋友召開記者會,大呼不滿阿梅遺產上訴案他們依然敗訴的判決,更謂要去信給特首曾蔭權和國家主席胡錦濤等云云。昨日他們更帶同6封文件聲言要寄往不同的單位,以及印製了一些對官司不滿的宣傳單張,上面印有阿梅的肖像。而梅媽亦決定本月19日再次入稟終審庭,希望可以上訴成功。她說:「我告到終審庭失敗的話,告到中央我都要去告。」她聲稱此舉不是為了阿梅的財產,不是為了一口飯,只是為爭一口氣。

文、圖:簡力斯

P.S Snoopy,
you might wish to put this in your official NEWS reporting.

Sad... Her mother should just let go of things... anyhow i'm waiting all my life for the remaining concert of anita mui that was never released 1999... hope that it would be released in my lifetime....

Almost missed this piece of news, reported on Dec 30th, 2010. (verdict was out on Dec 29th)
Below is a quick/short translation.

===============================================
Mui's mother has lost for the third time.

The Judge has ruled that Mui's mother and brother cannot claim ownership to Anita's real estate property in Happy Valley or her residence on Shouson Hill Road. The Judge feels that Anita had her will written out in great detail. If she had wanted to give these properties to the two family members, she would have asked the lawyer to make such arrangements, instead of putting them into the Estate Trust Fund.

To be translated in more detail later.

梅媽爭兩物業三度敗訴

[2010-12-30] (from SingTao Newspaper)

本報記者吳清廉香港報道

兩度爭奪已故天后梅艷芳遺產,被判敗訴的梅媽與兒子梅啟明,早前再入稟,追討女兒名下跑馬地和壽山村兩個物業,以及投訴遺產管理人德勤關黃陳方會計師行等疏忽管理而索償,高院法官29日指梅艷芳離世前為梅媽提供每月7萬元的豐厚生活費,若要將兩物業轉贈予兩人,必會安排律師完成手續,故判兩人敗訴兼付訟費。
高院法官杜溎峰在判詞中引述,86歲的梅媽覃美金及兒子梅啟明擁兩物業的業權時間有三個不同說法:一時指因1999年梅艷芳胞姊梅愛芳患癌後,為方便梅媽照顧愛芳而轉贈予她;另一個稱因為「阿梅」為使梅啟明由美國回港照顧梅媽;以及2003年阿梅在中秋節作出承諾。

官信梅艷芳仔細處理遺產

法官續指,阿梅處理物業的安排十分細緻,無理由一方面安排梅媽辭去持有兩物業公司的董事之職,同時又口頭承諾餽贈物業;而且阿梅在離世前就遺產作出安排包括將毓秀大廈兩單位送予劉培基、梅媽每月有7萬元生活費、遺產最終受益人是妙景佛學會等,故相信若梅艷芳真的將物業交給二人,便會安排律師完成手續,而非將物業安排由遺產信託所管有。法官早前在判決時無奈暫停批出生活費予梅媽,著她往社署求助以解燃眉之急,更勸喻梅媽接受現實。

===============================================
BeepBeep's comments:

This verdict has come out in quite a timely manner, on December 29th, one day before the 7th year anniversary date of Anita's passing.

I personally feel that it is great news that Anita's wishes, as stated in her will, is once again being protected by the judiciary system. Justice is being served one more time, and hopefully will continue to do so if there is going to be any more court cases or appeals. (Hopefully not)

1 2 3
Disclaimers: This website and the Materials are provided "as is" and "as available", without warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory. CasperSnoopy does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this website and/or the Materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Materials. The content available here represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider.