Return to Website

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇

All Mui Fans are welcome to post, but no swearing, attacking, name-calling and please respect other people's opinions. Forum manager reserves the right to delete any messages that violate above stated principles. 所有梅迷歡迎在此留言, 交換意見, 互通消息. 請自律! 壇主保留刪除任何含有攻擊性留言的權利!

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Heart Of Modern Woman

But I do hope its fading my dearestWoodstock as being a senior is much more exciting Yep! its in the Buddhist Compassion....thank you!

Anita is a woman of great courage n strength...she would be extremely disappointed if she knew that a percentage of her fans/friends could not accept her death but instead dwell on it for months. We still keep good memories of her n knowing Anita guess she would rather have us doing something more positive n valuable.........

Hello. After witnessing her last concert on dvd I love her courage for going through the whole concert with so much enthusiasm when she was so sick. My respect to Anita Mui.

Dear Woodstock and Dana I thank you for touching the subject on inner mind and karma. Tibetan Book Of Living And Dying is not available within my country but I am visiting Hongkong soon please tell me where do I buy this book without going into every bookshop.

From the news coverage I think her courage lies on the very moment when she was confronting the press and the public revealing her illness and facing ugly comments pointing to the root of it. Strength was eminently shown in her last concert from what I saw. My perception.

Judita: you can get the book at PageOne Book Store, (next to City Super supermarket) Time Square, Causeway Bay. You can find it at the section of "Religion". But sometimes it is out of stock, as it sells good.

Besides The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, another book "tuesdays with Morrie", which Grandma lent to me, is good.

The book makes me understand a bit of the mental state of her last stage of life after she learnt she got terminal sickness. It also explains in more plain language about death from Buddhist point of view: "Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live." and "To know you're going to die, and to be prepared for it any time. That's better. That way you can actually be more involved in your life while you're living." This book helps us to see the world as a more profound place and give us advice in different aspects of our life such as Death, Fear, Family, A meaning life and etc. It is highly recommended for reading.

Dear Woodstock, many thanks for your clear info. "Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live." and "To know you're going to die, and to be prepared for it any time. That's better. That way you can actually be more involved in your life while you're living." This whole phrase is very meaningful and true. I will try getting that recommended book. To know and understand the final passage of Anita Mui has always been on my mind and I thank you and this enormous website. I hope ana read my thanks too.

Woodstock: I'm pleased to hear that you enjoy reading "Tuesdays with Morrie". This easy-to-read book is full of wisdom and appreciation of life. It goes beyond religious teachings and reveal to us the true meaning of life through the dying process of a great teacher. Aging and dying are not a terror if we are able to live a meaningful life, that is " Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning". Mui did it and she did it great. There should be no regret for her life. She demonstrated to the whole world how to live through how to die.

Judita: I think ana is having her long, long meditation or having another holiday. Don't worry, trust me she will acknowledge your "thank you" message sooner or later.

Grandma: thanks for the concise and up-to-point summary of this book, and thanks for lending me this great book.

A very strong-willed woman thats Anita and i really admired the way she had coped with life and at death's door.
Woodstock & Grandma: thanks for recommending!

Anita was a very brave woman & is one of the reasons why I respect her so much.

Hoping I could be as brave too & also be so dedicated to a religion too. I strongly believe a person with strong beliefs lead a better & more positive life. I have been stuck between Christianity & Buddhism for a few years and is determined I'm a lost soul trying to find my true religion. I respect philosophies & teachings from both ends. Everyone in my family's Buddhist, but most of my friends are Christians. Speaking to either sides, they would seem to give me a biased opinion. So I'm hoping I'll be enlightened some day and find my religion before my last day comes.

Any suggestions??

Li Shan: Our pleasure

---------------------------------------------------

MuLaN_Mui: I believe a religion really can help a person to overcome difficulties when he is in big trouble, when he is spiritually weak, and when he needs direction and support. But I don't totally agree to you that "a person with strong beliefs lead a better & more positive life." Many people without a religion also can live that type of life, because many of them just like you, they adopt the great teachings and philosophies of all kinds of religions into their daily life and practice, and they are trying hard too to make themselves better and this world a better place to live.

Therefore, I think with or without a religion is really not that important, but most important is that we must have a goal that will help us to lead a meaningful life, and at the same time we have some good friends or seniors who can positively guide us through during our difficult time when we feel lost.

Undeniably Anita can be our role model, because she is really a lady with an admirable personality and character.

However, I won't object anyone to have a religion. Whether you will be a Buddhist or Christian, all depends on your fate with that religion. But whichever religion you will pick up, I really wish you truly believe in that religion, and it's not for the sake of your family or friends.

Thanks Woodstock for the great words of wisdom. You are very right. I guess when the right time comes my heart & mind will calm down a bit and my heart will tell me what religion I belong to. In the meantime as long as I live positively & not do bad to other's, life can just be as satisfying.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Disclaimers: This website and the Materials are provided "as is" and "as available", without warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory. CasperSnoopy does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this website and/or the Materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Materials. The content available here represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider.