Return to Website

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇

All Mui Fans are welcome to post, but no swearing, attacking, name-calling and please respect other people's opinions. Forum manager reserves the right to delete any messages that violate above stated principles. 所有梅迷歡迎在此留言, 交換意見, 互通消息. 請自律! 壇主保留刪除任何含有攻擊性留言的權利!

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Heart Of Modern Woman

I listened to the interview tape with Peter Chan in April of 1997 again. I did not ask him about Anita Mui’s performance in [Who’s the Woman, Who’s the Man]. But he said, [The movie is not about gender issue. The movie is about how Anita Yuen was unhappy and tried to get affection from Sam but it turned out that she got affection from a woman. The movie has a lot of pieces I like. But I really did not glue together. We had a hard time trying to get Anita Mui’s role to play because she is not a lesbian. And that’s her, her real life. That’s why I chose her. She had no childhood. The little rabbit, a white rabbit she kept mentioning, that she finally found it in Anita Yuen. She said, “You are the white rabbit I was trying to find.” That is innocence she has lost because she had become famous so young. She never had a life. All she has wanted to be is to have a normal life. … I put a lot of things but never glue together well. A part of the reasons is that we were really working on the script in the last minute. We were writing while we were shooting. The script was not done until the last day of shooting. Every single day we were rewriting. I got finally Anita Mui’s role straight about a half way threw the shooting. First two weeks Anita Mui did not know what she was doing. She had never understood her character because I could not tell her until a half way threw the shoot. It is a film we had to put out for something. …. The shoot was horrible. We never go home for one month and the shoot was in five weeks. It was a mad house.] Originally he did not intend to make a sequel but because he lost a lot of money on [The Miracle of Time], he had to make sort of quick money for the company. This interview may not be interesting to you nor confirm about Anita’s condition but you get some idea about how the shooting was like.
I found that Anita was so thin in the movie.

Hi! AT! Thanks for sharing that interview you had with the director, at least now we have an idea of what was behind the scenes of shooting that movie.

Hi! Dana! Yes! I've watched this movie and this is actually one of my favorites of Anita, cause as what AT shared from the interview, I find it very similar to her real life story, so touching.

AT: I just finished reading the interview with Peter Chan you posted above. Are you a reporter? Was it your interview of Peter Chan? Have you had a chance to interview Anita? I am so curious.

Hi Jan,

Yes, I am a reporter for Japanese publications. That was my interview with Peter Chan. My friend and I did meet Anita in Las Vegas in 2002 but that was like a chat with her rather than interview to her because we did it in English with an interpreter and Marianne answered more than half our questions.

Hi All

Talking about " who's the man, who's the woman" !
Dana, Anita said that she didn't performed well in that movie cos she it was reported that she was sick and having fever on & off during shooting, infact, if i remember correctly, she was supposed to go for operation as she was down with some throat/tonsillitis (sorry can't remember the exact word )problem in which after operation, she will temporary not to sing, knowing her,she just continue with the shooting first.

Yes, June i like this movie very much too, it's something close to herself, especially the part she was relating how she didn't have a childhood.... to Anita Yuen.

Mossimo; you have good memory "tonsillitis" is the right word. Mui suffered from tonsillitis (tonsil got infection) quite often in the past. It meant physically she was very weak, so her immune system was very weak too.

Thank you Woodstock, AT, Mossimo. Hi Angel, June.

After reading through all the provided facts I had to rewatch this movie. I dont see any difference in her acting ability at all except for some fleeting fatigue that is slightly visible through an observant eye.

Yea..she was sick, the script wasnt ready n the shooting was unsatisfactory as mentioned but the director had pointed out that 'she was a different person when the cameras started rolling, a true professional who always gives her best 100%..which means no matter how sick she is her performance should be excellent..yep! as proven in this movie. Therefore, she need not be apologetic but she did. Evidently, she was indeed a sweet n humble SUPERSTAR

"He said she was not in her best physical condition, looked like something troubled her." Taken from Woodstock's posting, guess Anita must have been worried sick abt the upcoming operation n the inability to sing for a while. Did she go for the tonsillectomy n how long was she in recovery, Woodstock?
Surprisingly though, she returned to the music scene w/a BIG BANG, giving all her best in the 99concert.

Yep, I agree, June/Mossimo, if Im not mistaken that 'part' was a replicable shown in Anita Mui- A Life So Special, right? Compared 'WTMWTW' to 'DOAD', which would you rather watch, yea?

Wah...Dana... what is " DOAD "

Dream of a Dancer ?? , is it ???????

Mossimo: You mean Dance of A Dream

Woodstock Hi

Think so , the movie where Andy Lau's a dance instructor.
Dana's " DOAD " i guess must be this show.

Very difficult to remember HK movies english titles,
at times, i find the English titles can be kind of
"strange" ie, doesn't really match with the cantonese title Thanx Woodstock

Hi! Woodstock, Its been more than 54hrs n still counting..you still havent answer my tiny little question
Guess youve been too much

Wah....Mossimo....I dont see any answers for my question? Yea? N dont dream too much of the 'dancer' ..should it be Anita, then its

Well, since our beloved June is still having 'skin grafting' in order to be as thick-skin as our darling Woodstock ,June , but we really miss you n hope youll be back ASAP, yea?

These 2 movies are neither my favourites. For 'WTMWTW', dont think the role is suitable for Anita. Having endured such a sad n deprived childhood its rather depressing as to remind herself what she had gone through. Question: Would anyone w/an unpleasant past, wish to remind oneself in whatever circumstances? In addition to the regard of this movie, the storyline does not focus on Anita at all.

'DOAD' is practically a demonstration of great dancing by Anita/AndyL, regretably not extensively shown as we all know how magnificient Anita was when it comes to dancing.

I rather watch my beloved 'wonder woman', yea right after finishing off here n...............

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Disclaimers: This website and the Materials are provided "as is" and "as available", without warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory. CasperSnoopy does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this website and/or the Materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Materials. The content available here represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider.