Return to Website

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇

All Mui Fans are welcome to post, but no swearing, attacking, name-calling and please respect other people's opinions. Forum manager reserves the right to delete any messages that violate above stated principles. 所有梅迷歡迎在此留言, 交換意見, 互通消息. 請自律! 壇主保留刪除任何含有攻擊性留言的權利!

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇
Start a New Topic 
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Author
Comment
Re: Heart Of Modern Woman

Woodstock:
your words of wisdom bring me to tear... sniff sniff...

I feel very flattered when you think my opinion is "words of wisdom", but I don't think I'm that wise in the eyes of those who have a religion, as no matter how I try to live according to my conscience, I'm still considered as a lost soul. So I really hope those who are Christians or Buddhists will say something here to enlighten us or to tell us why it is better to have a religion. I might not be converted but I still like to hear their opinions.

Woodstock: You have posted a very difficult question, "why it is better to have a religion"? I don't think people having a religious belief is superior or better than those who don't. As you said, people without religion can still be a good guy if he lives according to his conscience and adopt a meaningful life.

Having a religious belief is more than 'picking up' a religion and being a good guy. It involves seeking something that one believes a religion will bring forth such as peace, joy, hope ,love. More importantly, there is the development of a personal relationship with God. Such relationship will enable you to undergo a change in your life. The change can portray as "a person with strong beliefs lead a better & more positive life" The better and more positive life here doesn't mean comparison between believers and non-believers. It means a positive change in the inner self of the believer.

You said, "I believe a religion really can help a person to overcome difficulties when he is in big trouble, when he is spiritually weak, and when he needs direction and support." How about a person who is spiritually strong and have all the troubles being solved, is religious belief become unnecessary to him? I think faith and belief is not exclusive to those weak,underpriviledged and unfortunate people.

We don't need our brains to believe, we only need our hearts. Whether a person is 'wise' in the eyes of others, is out of question. Seek, and you will find God. Want to try? You have nothing to lose.

Grandma,
Very well said! I like the wording of your thoughts and offer to Woodstock.
Skippy

Grandma: thanks for your clear explanation of why many people adopt a religion, and also thank you for your open-mindedness in the way you look at people who don't have a religion, as you confirmed my belief that "people without religion can still be a good guy if he lives according to his conscience and adopt a meaningful life. "

My previous statement "I believe a religion really can help a person to overcome difficulties when he is in big trouble, when he is spiritually weak, and when he needs direction and support" might be misleading, I think I have to explain a little bit further. I don't mean that's the sole reason for picking up a religion. I was actually referring to non believers who "adopt the great teachings and philosophies of all kinds of religions into their daily life and practice,..." but they don't have a specific God to help them when "he is in big trouble, when he is spiritually weak, and when he needs direction and support", then if one has a religion he can get through such predicament easier, because his God can really play a significant role guiding him through such situation. In other words, I totally agree with you "faith and belief is not exclusive to those weak, under privileged and unfortunate people. "

However, don't you think that many so called "believers" of today only realize the existence of their God and start praying only when they are in need? Also I know there is nothing to lose if we try to find a God, but I really don't like people we got baptized and then abandon their religion in later days. So don't just follow the trend, must be serious in choosing our belief. Agree?

---------------------------------------

Skippy: Nice to hear from you. Do you have a religion? Care about telling us how you got converted, if you do have one.

Skippy: Thank you.

Woodtsock: You said, "Don't you think that many so called "believers" of today only realize the existence of their God and start praying only when they are in need?" Yes, there are many of them. You pointed out the common weakness of mankind. But it is never too late to realize the existence of God and pray to Him, whether we are in need or in abundance, whether by believers or seekers.

"I really don't like people we got baptized and then abandon their religion in later days." A Christian cannot be an atheist but he can live like atheist. I feel sorrow for these people more than despise them, as the crowns we wear in heaven must be won on earth. Not everyone who claims he is believer (or even baptized) will enter the kingdom of heaven, only those who does the will of God is in heaven.

Since believing in God involves the development of a 'personal' relationship with God, what other Christians or so-called believers do, say and behave should not become an obstacle in the relationship. We need to walk so close to God that nothing can come between.

"...must be serious in choosing our belief. Agree?" Totally agree, should be seriously taking the first step.

If I may add to your group's discussions - since anita's departure, I have been wondering where's anita gone to.
There's nothing much I can do except (since I've got a religion) I often pray to God to bring her to heaven soon (if she's not already there yet). The fact is I don't know but religion seems to connect here.

Grandma: Thank you for your advice especially your encouraging message: "But it is never too late to realize the existence of God and pray to Him, whether we are in need or in abundance, whether by believers or seekers."

aymy: welcome to our discussion. We all believe that Anita is already in Land of Nirvana, (equivalent to Heaven in your religion), that was confirmed by her teacher of Buddhism. But no harm if you keep on praying for her, that will still be good for her.

Woodstock : Thank you for your 'enlightenment'. Now, I think I'll ask Anita to pray for us (her loyal fans) instead !!

Wow...everyone had a lot of inputs...through reading the discussion I have absorbed a lot. Thank you all so much.

9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Disclaimers: This website and the Materials are provided "as is" and "as available", without warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory. CasperSnoopy does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this website and/or the Materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Materials. The content available here represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider.