Return to Website

Lurgan Ancestry Forum

If you need information on an ancestor or place add a message and keep returning to check if anyone replies. You can also leave any comments on the Lurgan Ancestry itself.

Lurgan Ancestry Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BBC audio file of Mrs. Greer on "Your Place and Mine"

I am searching for an audio clip archive. Please see description below. I heard this in America several years ago. It is one of my ancestors. Does anyone have a downloaded copy to share via email?

This was the description on http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/yourplaceandmine/armagh/shankill_graveyard.shtml

Audio Clip 2: Mrs. Greer. Mary spoke next to Mrs Greer. The Greers, who were formerly the McGregors, were proscribed in their native Scotland and settled in Cumbria. They came to Northern Ireland during the plantation - originally to Dungannon and Moy - and then to Lurgan in 1757 where they bought the family home at Woodville which still stands today. Mrs Greer who continues to live in the family home has plotted the family tree which is so complex she used a roll of wallpaper to write it on! She tells Mary Ferris of how her recent ancestors were involved in both Whiskey and Linen...

Thank you,

T Greer