Return to Website

Lurgan Ancestry Forum

If you need information on an ancestor or place add a message and keep returning to check if anyone replies. You can also leave any comments on the Lurgan Ancestry itself.

Lurgan Ancestry Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pepper Family History Lurgan Ireland

Dawn
My Great, Great Grandmother was Mary Pepper. She married Thomas Harland in 1855 at the age of 19. Mary came from Balliblagh, her fathers name was Jacob. They left with 6 children on the ship "British Empire" on the 11 July 1875 and came to New Zealand. We may be related.

Andy

Re: Pepper Family History Lurgan Ireland

In reply to Andrew Harland's email regarding the Pepper family... i think your great great grandmother Mary Pepper is sister to my great great grandfather John Pepper. Would be interested if you had any other information. Can you contact me on ethelpirvine@btinternet.com

Douglas family from shankill. Lurgan.

Does anyone have any information on the Douglas family from shankill, Lurgan.

Re: Douglas family from shankill. Lurgan.

The Douglas families I am more interested in are just across the border in Co Down. However, I have some baptism of Douglas in Kinnego abt 1825-1830, Shankill Parish Church, and some 1901 census records which may have a Douglas. What time period, which names, and what place are you looking at? rconard at blarg.net

Hi

My Douglas line comes from Lurgan (My gggggrandfather was born 1771; William Douglas of Lurgan)

I'm interested in any information regards Douglas's in the area that you are able to share. We have been trying to find our William Douglas's parents and think that he had at least 2 brothers named John and Hillary.

Hi

Just saw your post regards Douglas's in the Lurgan area. My gggggrandfather was born near Lurgan, 1771 (William Douglas of Lurgan). Don't know where 'near Lurgan" is as we have not located birth records yet.

What have you been able to find out regards the Douglas's here? We think that our Douglas had at least 2 brothers, John and Hillary.

Jenni Douglas