Return to Website

Lurgan Ancestry Forum

If you need information on an ancestor or place add a message and keep returning to check if anyone replies. You can also leave any comments on the Lurgan Ancestry itself.

Lurgan Ancestry Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Searching for family history

Hi Ann:

I came across your request for information on Joshua Moses McCourt on the Lurgan Ancestry Forum site. I too am trying to dig up info on the years before he left Ireland. Parish records, ships passenger lists etc. Not much luck so far.

My name is Larry Melvin McCourt and Joshua Moses McCourt/Elizabeth Cave are my great great grandparents as well. The linage is Joshua Moses. Moses, Joshua Thomas John, John Melvin McCourt.

I can't help you much with anything before they left Ireland but I do have a photo of their gravestone in Windsor Quebec. Also have lots of info on the decendents of Moses McCourt, especially the children Joshua Thomas John, Moses William, Thomas Henry and Annie Louisa. These four I well remember as a youngster growing up on the McCourt farms near Windsor, Quebec. If you can use some of the data/photo's I will gladly share them with you.

Is your linage Joshua Moses, Joshua Albert, Thomas Henry, Patrick Lawrence McCourt??

Good hunting and feel free to respond.

Larry McCourt

Larry, if you receive, could you please follow up with me?
Anne McCourt

Larry, would like to learn more about McCourts of Windsor.
Anne

Larry, thank you fit the info you sent. Please reconnect. Anne