Return to Website

Lurgan Ancestry Forum

If you need information on an ancestor or place add a message and keep returning to check if anyone replies. You can also leave any comments on the Lurgan Ancestry itself.

Lurgan Ancestry Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Taylor Stevenson

A few weeks from now I plan to go to a Mormon center with an index of the death records. If you think her death was registered in Lurgan and have an approximate age for her, it may be possible to pick her out on the list. The list will give the quarter her death was recorded, her reported age, and the volume and page number of the death certificate. Then you could follow that up by renting that volume or order the certificate.

Let me know if you receive the information before my trip.

Mary Ann Taylor

There were only 2 Mary Anns from Lurgan in the death records for the 1890's. You are probably looking for Mary Ann age 32 who died in Lurgan March - June, 1898. The death registration is in Vol 1, page 549 for that year.

You can rent a Mormon tape with that page for less than seven dollars typically, if you don't mind the long wait (months even) for the tape plus having to view it in their library. Other sources offer quick service for higher rates.

The other Mary Ann was 21 and died March-June, 1892 in Lurgan, vol 1 page 511.