Return to Website

Lurgan Ancestry Forum

If you need information on an ancestor or place add a message and keep returning to check if anyone replies. You can also leave any comments on the Lurgan Ancestry itself.

Lurgan Ancestry Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Information sought on Lurgan / Moyraverty ancestors

William and Bessie Campbell Geddis had Charles 10-12-1865. William was a weaver living in Lurgan and had Charles baptized probably in 1869 along with several of the children of David Geddis and Mary Ann Connor.

It is likely that Henry Geddis who had sons David, Charles, and William (born Aug 4, 1832 to mother Ann and Henry of Knockramer) may be involved. There are other children, too.

The Lurgan First Presbyterian records have no marriage records for Charles and no other

Re: Re: Information sought on Lurgan / Moyraverty ancestors

Hi Kat

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I hadn't been able to find the birth date of Charles Geddis although I thought it must be mid-1860's.He married Mary Shanes on 28th Feb 1892 in Shankill Church of Ireland, Lurgan. I thought they were C of I and so have been barking up the wrong tree. My brother has just confirmed he recalls our mother telling him that the Geddis family were Presbyterian and it was the Shanes who were C of I. I remember mum telling us that there was a Campbell connection so Bessie is where it comes in. I have found a Margaret Geddis and an Elizabeth Geddis who may be the same Geddis, just waiting a chance to visit the church in which they were married to try find the names of their parents.

Are you connected to the Geddis family?

My e-mail address is donalizzie@btopenworld.com. I am afraid of this forum disappearing and would like to hear from you again. Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with in your searches.

Thanks again