Return to Website

Lurgan Ancestry Forum

If you need information on an ancestor or place add a message and keep returning to check if anyone replies. You can also leave any comments on the Lurgan Ancestry itself.

Lurgan Ancestry Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Searching for Gaddis/Geddes from Lurgan

Mary born April 24, 1829 was the daughter of Mary Malcolmson and John Gaddis. This is the only time John's wife is mentioned, but no other John Geddis/Gaddis appear in the baptism records for this period. John was born March 1, 1831 and Elizabeth was born 5-1-1837.

The first Rachel I see is born in Knockkramer in 1845 to John and Mary Gordon. They are probably related to William John and Sarah Boston as Rachel's baptism occurs in 1863 along with Wm. John's son James.

Andrew Gaddis and Alice Hanna was also from Kocknakramer and have many children. Would they be relatives?

Re: Re: Searching for Gaddis/Geddes from Lurgan

Dear Kat,

I was very excited to read your reply! How did you manage to find all of this? I've been searching for years! Do you know anything else about the family? Andrew and Alice are also relatives but not much is known about them here. Are you related to the Geddis family?

If there is anything I can do for you down here I'd be happy to help. I'll leave my email address below and would love to here more from you!

Sincerely, Sharon (Brisbane, Australia)
smgeddes@iprimus.com.au

Hello Kat
I am Sharon's relative in UK. I am great great granddaughter of Mary Gaddis, daughter of Mary Malcomson and John Gaddis. I am really excited that you have much more information on all our family members!!. Sharon and I have been looking for years.

I have only found the births of Rachel and Elizabeth in 1845 and 1837 respectively. I would really love to know where you have got all this extra information about Mary's birth and also about other family members such as William John, Andrew Gaddis and Alice Hannah.

Thank you so very much for your help. Let me know if you need anything from UK records. You already have Sharon's address but just in case here is my e-mail address is ann@mcmanners.fsnet.co.uk. Thanks, Ann

Hi Kat,

Just wondering how to get in contact again. Need some help desperately!

Sincerely,

Sharon

Hi Sharon,
Did I ever give you my address? rconard@blarg.net. I think I have photos now of Gaddis graves in the Lurgan area.

Re: Searching for Gaddis/Geddes from Lurgan

how is your life,
i bet it would be better if you have some peace hope and love in your world!! thanks for supporting the red squirrel group. have a very nice day and dont forget to oick you butt every day or it will turn into a cabbage thanks again it is the pink and flower squirrel!!

(HEHEHE) THANKS *KAT*