Return to Website

Lurgan Ancestry Forum

If you need information on an ancestor or place add a message and keep returning to check if anyone replies. You can also leave any comments on the Lurgan Ancestry itself.

Lurgan Ancestry Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tannaghmore school

can anyone tell me when the school was moved to its present site? I went to it 1941-1944

Re: Tannaghmore school

Marie, It han`t moved, the old building is incorperated in the extension, I also went to Tannaghmore in the early 1940s, the teachers were, Joe White Pricipal,Alf Murray, Nan Murray and Maggie Kerr.
I can still re-call the songs Maggie Kerr taught us, one song from the Boer War and I can remember the words of `Carry me back to old Transvall`, the old school on the hill, filled with children`s laughter when we spilled out on to the playground.
Tannaghmore of happy memories.

Re: Tannaghmore school

please e-mail me direct at mariemcshane@hotmail.com or phone me at 70329410 marie

Re: Re: Tannaghmore school

I remember a Doreen and Maurice McShane both evacuated from Belfast after the 1941 Blitz, they lived near the school end of the Shore Road.
I don`t remember the other McShanes although I attended T`More at the same time.