Return to Website

Lurgan Ancestry Forum

If you need information on an ancestor or place add a message and keep returning to check if anyone replies. You can also leave any comments on the Lurgan Ancestry itself.

Lurgan Ancestry Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
James Hill and daughter Susan

My gggg grandfather James Hill was a shoemaker and Protestant. His daughter Susan (my ggg grandmother) was a servant, convicted of stealing clothes and sentenced to 7 years transportation to New South Wales. She was tried in Antrim in 1832 and sailed from Cork on the 'Caroline' in 1833. She was born in Lurgan Abt 1815 so was 17 or 18 when transported. She never returned to Ireland. The information on her father came from her Certificate of Freedom (granted 1840) backed up by her death certificate. Alas, I do not know her mother's name or anything more about the Hills but would very much like to trace them. I know that it's unlikely, but are there any Hills out there with whom these names and this information might ring a bill?

Re: James Hill and daughter Susan

i know there was a jim hill who lived in magheralin which is 3 miles from lurgan,in fact my own mother was born there,this place gets maralin for short.

paul allen