Return to Website

Lurgan Ancestry Forum

If you need information on an ancestor or place add a message and keep returning to check if anyone replies. You can also leave any comments on the Lurgan Ancestry itself.

Lurgan Ancestry Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interesting places to visit around Lurgan/Belfast

Will be in Belfast/Lurgan 8th-11th June, to research family tree etc.

Can anyone suggest interesting/restful places to visit in our spare time. We like around Loch Neagh, also interested in visiting Antrim area.

All polite suggestions considered.

Re: Interesting places to visit around Lurgan/Belfast

Try including Lurgan Park for a visit, one of the loveliest public Parks in Ireland.

Re: Re: Interesting places to visit around Lurgan/Belfast

I agree. I lived in Lurgan mant years ago and spent a lot of time in the park. Beautiful lake and long walks

Re: Re: Re: Interesting places to visit around Lurgan/Belfast

Thanks for the info, will consider this suggestion. Unfortunately, still waiting for answer to e-mail, from Hotel!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Interesting places to visit around Lurgan/Belfast

Hiya AMT,

Did you have a good time in the Lurgan area? Did you stay at a hotel in the town? If so would you recommend it to other people who might want to stay there.

Most importantly .. how did your research go?

All the Best, Christopher

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Interesting places to visit around Lurgan/Belfast

Hi there, just noticed this message. Thought the site was down completely. Now discovered forum still OK.

Had a nice time, but unfortunately only had time for an afternoon in Lurgan. Had a lot of help re info at St.Peter's. Picked the hottest week of the year in 2006. Travelled by car from Belfast to Dublin, then Cavan, before heading back to Lurgan. Now know how a chicken feels in an oven. Hope, god willing, to go back again in May of this year.

Noticed a graveyard behind St. Peter's Church, but could not see a way in. Can anyone tell me which graveyard this is. I think it was off Lake St., where my grandmother died in 1897. Don't think I could have spent much time there, though, it was soooooo hot.

Bye for now

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Interesting places to visit around Lurgan/Belfast

The graveyard I think you are referring to is the Dougher

Re: Re: Re: Interesting places to visit around Lurgan/Belfast

I have visit Lurgan for so many times but, but i am missed to see so many places there. Even before visiting this post i didn't know about it. But any next time i would definitely go for these places.

spain villas | villas lloret