Return to Website

Lurgan Ancestry Forum

If you need information on an ancestor or place add a message and keep returning to check if anyone replies. You can also leave any comments on the Lurgan Ancestry itself.

Lurgan Ancestry Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nelson, McIlwaine (Solomon), Uprichard, Sewell

Hi,

I am looking into my family tree and was told by my father that there was a tree going back to the late 1600's connected to the Sewell family that was held in Mathey (??) House in Lurgan or Craigavon. I'd really like to find this!!!!

My Grandfather born in 1901 gave the following details to my aunt, so I have some starting point. My Grandfathers parents were Sarah Jane McIlwaine and John Nelson.

Sarah Jane McIlwaine was the daughter of Solomon McIlwaine who owned quarries in Lurgan, laids roads and sank wells. I have also been told that he gave Glenavon their 1st football pitch.

John Nelson was the son of Robert Nelson who owned a blacksmiths shop opposite the town clock and was a vet and horse dealer.

Robert Nelson was married to a Uprichard (Upritchard?) whose brother/sister owned a hemstitch factory in Lurgan and had a son called Rev. Leonard Uprichard.

I have uploaded the the tree to
http://www.asvx28.dsl.pipex.com/Images/tree.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Nelson, McIlwaine (Solomon), Uprichard, Sewell

Hi i am also researching my family tree and all of the names you have mentioned are coming up in my family tree
Are you related to a robert nelson born 30/5/1894