Return to Website

Lurgan Ancestry Forum

If you need information on an ancestor or place add a message and keep returning to check if anyone replies. You can also leave any comments on the Lurgan Ancestry itself.

Lurgan Ancestry Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: McKerr/Coulter from Lurgan

Hello Richard:

I'm trying to find my ancestors in Co. Armagh and visited there recently. I was able to obtain a copy of the Seagoe parish Anglican Church records from earliest times to the present.

There is an Elizabeth Coulter born 22 Oct 1885 and baptised 16 Feb 1886. Parents were: William John, labourer, and Elizabeth Coulter of Knockmena.

A previous entry shows a Robert born to the same couple on 8 May 1881 and baptised 20 Oct 1881, but at that time they lived in Balteag and Wm. was occupied as a weaver.

Another boy, John, was born 6 Jan 1888 and baptised 4 Feb 1888.

I hope this is useful to you.

Cheers from Canada,
Gary

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am decended from William Robert Mckerr and Elizabeth Coulter. William was born in about 1880 and died in 1947 and Elizabeth was born in about 1885 and died in 1960, both in Lurgan. I know William was a weaver and had a brother James and sisters Annie and Margaret, I would like to hear from anyone who knows anything else about these people.

Hi these are my ancestors, i have just worked out my family tree. Thanks psula bowles

Ok so i have found out that william robert mckerr married elizabeth coulter, they had a daughter annabella born in 1922, she married henery bowles from portadown and they had a son william bowles, william bowles married ann lowry and one of their sons is henry bowles, hes my dad.