Return to Website

Lurgan Ancestry Forum

If you need information on an ancestor or place add a message and keep returning to check if anyone replies. You can also leave any comments on the Lurgan Ancestry itself.

Lurgan Ancestry Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
James McGoldrick

I am looking for any relatives of my gt. grandfather James McGoldrick born about 1827. Father's names John McGoldrick and mother's name Catherine Flinn. James Mcgoldrick moved to Govan Scotland and married Helen Fitzpatrick in Govan Scotland. They had two girls in Govan, Catherine and Helen. He then moved to Hebburn/Jarrow England. He had two more daughters Ann and my grandmother Rose Ann. Both of these girls were regeister in England using the last name Golden. (Seems this was the practice to change the name because of work) He James was a Ship's caulker.
On the 1881 census in England he is listed as James McGoldrick again. Though on the 1871 census in England he was Golden. To make matters even worse my grandmother though born in England moved to Dumbarton Scotland and used the last name Goldie. Rose Ann Goldie married Michael Murrary in 1896. So one can see my dilema. I am amazed that I have tracked all this info so far. I know that James McGoldrick was born in Ireland. If any of these names have any relationship to anyone please contact me. Thank You

Rosemary

Re: James McGoldrick

hi i'm also looking for mcgoldricks that came to glasgow from ireland,looking for a francis mcgoldrick born around the beginning of the 1800's..his wife was jane ,two daughters i know of,my ancestor rose ann mcgoldrick married in anderston,and her sister margaret,have you any info on these?all the best and good luck..john..