Return to Website

Lurgan Ancestry Forum

If you need information on an ancestor or place add a message and keep returning to check if anyone replies. You can also leave any comments on the Lurgan Ancestry itself.

Lurgan Ancestry Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Myles / McCann - Ballymacateer

Hello. I'm tracing my GG Grandparents who lived in Ballymacateer (about 1 mile from Lurgan (?)). John Myles and Sarah McCann (though have seen many variations on the spelling). They had 5 daughters. They raised my Grandmother, Harriet Millman and her brother John Harkin. Harriet (Ettie) was a dressmaker for M.Mercer in Lurgan. They were Catholics and I was wondering what school my grandmother would have attended in Lurgan and where I could find the records? She was born 1886. Also how would I find where my GG Grandparents are married or buried? Any other help or suggestions most welcome. Thankyou.

Re: Myles / McCann - Ballymacateer

Hi Donna
Iam also trying to trace my family tree.My G.Grandmother was Ellen Myles.She married Jerry Sculion and there second child Mary Catherine was my Grandmother.I have been told she came from
Waringstown about 10 miles radius of Ballymacateer
She was born 1856.I think she would have gone to school in Magheralin or Moira. I am very new to the internet so I hope you get this .

Re: Re: Myles / McCann - Ballymacateer

. ELLEN MYLES - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Birth: 27 MAR 1867 0836, Moira, Down, Ireland

Father: JOHN MYLES
Mother: SARAH MCKANE

Robin

Re: Re: Myles / McCann - Ballymacateer

The Ellen Myles mentioned by Robin is indeed my Gt Grandmother's sister, but she married a Ranson in Australia, so I don't think this is the same Ellen as yours. However in my tree there appears to be another Ellen Myles born to Patrick Myles and Mary McCulloch in 1876. I think this family moved to Scotland. Keep in touch and see if we can help each other. Kind Regards. Donna