Return to Website

CAZADERO MESSAGE FORUM

Welcome to the Caz message forum a place to leave messages for others to see

CAZADERO MESSAGE FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for this Cazadero t-shirt to buy

I am looking to buy a t-shirt with the design in this pic: http://cybercaptive.com/cazadero.jpg I can pay for it and shipping/handling via credit card. I think the one in the pic was bought at Cazadero General Store about 10 years ago. I need a size medium/adult and to have it shipped to an address in Texas. Has anyone seen this design around? Thanks!

Re: Looking for this Cazadero t-shirt to buy

Greets k.k.,
Please take no offense, but that is the weirdest, ugliest t-shirt design I've seen in years, but I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Having grown up in Caz. the only truely historical first t-shirt design was utilized by the kids and some of the most hard working adult guys I've ever known. It was a simple, white, short sleeved 't' with mostly block letters, in green, on the front, reading: "Cazadero Catskinners"
Cazadero was over Catskinners thusly;
Cazadero
Catskinners
Both alphabetical letters 'C' had the similar extension of those found in Coca Cola.
Perhaps you might consider resurrecting it, knowing that IT was the official 't', and the first, thereby creating a second generation to carry on the real tradition based on the blood, sweat, tears, those reflecting the loving bonds that made that community first in discipline, cooperation, fire fighting, and the best baseball, and football teams in the State of California, albeit unrecognized by city dudes and dudettes in their state of denial. The teams wore that shirt and blue Levi's and logging boots to each game. No one wore sissy stuff like shoulder pads and helmets to football games. However, we did wear our felt hats during baseball games. Oh, although everyone had their own bats, there was one bat that stood alone, called, "Timber", which one did not dare to use unless one had that certain feeling, i.e., 'felt' that they had the right to pick it up because their very next swing was going to be a home run. Anything less would be a dishonor to the bat and to all of those who maintained the tradition up to that moment on the plate. Ask anyone in Monte Rio, Gurneville, Graton, etc., of the fifties, and sixties generation if they ever won a game against the kids, or adults of Cazadero! If they say yes, well then, they are just plain lying devils. LOL! Cazadero never lost a game that I know of, up to the time I left in 1964 to attend S.R.H.S. and then to the U.S.A.F. in '66. "Keep the Faith"
Peace out