PENN MOUNTAIN SNOW RIDERS FORUM

Discuss snowmobiling in upstate New York.  

Please limit your posts to issues concerning Snowmobiling and  Penn Mountain Snow Riders.

Personal attacks, foul language and post's containing non-appropriate information will be deleted! 

THIS FORUM IS BEING MODERATED!

Forums
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Registration Increase

I think Rick's point is simple. We need to squeeze the people who own machines,but take for granted everything a club does. There are alot of people out there that simply do not/will not join a club! Most other states,ie. Maine when you register put you as a member of MSA(Maine Snowmobile Assoc.). It's all about numbers in a political climate that we have today. Ask any NRA member why he/she still is allowed to own a gun without registraion,hopefully he will say the NRA has kept that right for me. It's all for one cause. So if we have 200,000 registered snowmobilers who are all a club/NYSSA member...The politicians will listen!!! Look what happened last year with the insurance fiasco...we bombarded Pataki,Castro and my least two favorite;Schumer and Hillary with letters and e-mails reminding them of the dollars lost. Guess what? We got insurance!!! So,it all boils down to numbers. I think that is Rick's point. The point of not being rich and unable to afford $155 for 3 sleds is pointless. No one said snowmobiling was cheap. Have you pumped gas into those sleds in one day 3 times? If you're a family riding,it's priceless to be out with your kids snowmobiling. We were on welfare when I was a kid and my mom managed to buy us a '72 Elan to keep us busy during the winter. To raising money the old fasion way? Yes,we need to raise all the money we can. Anything and everything helps,even if we have to sell Kool-Aid this summer...

Re: Re: Sandy

.You are as with Rick right, we do need as much of a income as possible.A lot of people out there have no idea who or what NYSSA is or what they stand for(I had no idea until I joined again).If more people knew what the clubs and oganizations are doing for the sport maybe we might have the numbers we need after all it is about awareness and most poeple don't have a clue(as I said I didn't before).My biggest point is if other non-profit business can survive without chokiing its own, we should be able to aswell.By the way when do you Want to start selling Kool-aid???