BOSWELL BANTER

THIS IS THE FORUM FOR ANY JAGGY ISSUES.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST A MESSAGE.

BOSWELL BANTER
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
start to the season

As a strong follower of lugar,I would like to congratulate the team and coaching staff on the good start to the season on saturday.I think meeker has done a good job since appointed manager and the team has gelled together impressivly.Instead of lingering near the foot of the table, I personally think we could challenge for a play off position this year.Everyone has played well so far, with Dools and Auldy, for me, quite impressive.Hurlford at Rosebank on Saturday, bring it on........

Re: start to the season

Reading todays comments in the Chronicle by Meeker.The Lugar support have always been very vocal but I dont think what he calls the minority are targetting abuse on certain players.I heard a lot of encouragement being shouted to players and indeed praise being lavished on players.There was a few groans of frustration at certain passes made, but come on we know that we are not Real Madrid or Barcelona.The fans know there are standards to maintain to even stay in the Super Leagues.They also know that it is very difficult to attract quality players on a tight budget as is required at Lugar.Over the last few seasons under Jamesie and Jackie the support has been somewhat spoiled by the success of our little club.So I can see where fans frustrations lie so players should not take the rants of a few to heart.By the way we lost our first 5 games in the League last year and still stayed up.We have won our first League game this year so actually we are doing very well.On the other hand I would ask the support to get behind the team and give encoragement and keep the negative comments under your breath.Lets give Hurlford something to think about this Saturday.Away the Jaggy Bunnets