CCMM Our Lady of the Cloister Ministry Prayer Requests Message Board

Welcome to our prayer requests forum.  Feel free to post a message.  

Cloister Outreach is not responsible for the banner advertisements. 

CCMM Prayer Requests Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a liver to live

Never posted to something like this before - if you read this and you are a prayerful person, please say a quick preyer to the Holy Spirt, to Jesus - the greatest healer - to help my Father-in-Law, Mr. Bob Preston receive a liver donation which is the only thing that will save his life at this stage.

Bob was working outside the US in Singapore for the last 5 years. He fell ill in Apr2012 with liver diease, end stage. He was on a trip to the Philippines, hospitalized and unable to return home to Singapore. The Drs. in the Philippines took care of Bob but to be honest wrote him off saying that he needed a liver transplant to survive and that he did not qualify for one b/c he's not from the Phillipines AND he has colon cancer. So Bob continued to deteriorate, in and out of the hospital to get abdomen drained paying so much money each time out of pocket. We wanted so desparately to bring him to the United States but everyone told us he only had a couple weeks to live. From April until June his best friend and wife, Gwen, was by his side - morning, noon and night. When Bob seemed especially bad and Dr.s gave her pain medicine to 'help with the pain and transition' she knew it was the end. Gwen's brother graciously paid for plane tickets for Bob's children (son Brandon) and his daughter (my wife) Sabrina to fly to the Phillines to say 'goodbye' to their Dad. That was the first week of June, the week Philippine Drs said was Bob's last. Sabrina and Brandon visited and returned home but bob did not pass. In the week folowing, however, he became unresponsive. Gwen sprung into action because she could not bear see her husband pass in their home in the Philippines. She had him rushed back to the hospital where they transfused Bob, drained his abdomen and broguht him back. Gwen called us in Pennsylvania and Sabrina and I thought - it's been two weeks since Drs said he was supposed to die - we need to get him out of the Philippines. We called his friend who had a liver transplant years ago and he was more than happy to speak to us about potential options for Bob but he said you will have to get him to the Unites States to meet with my surgical team. Bob's friend George made a few calls and introduced Sabrina to the transplant Drs. They said get bob to Hawaii and we'll see what we can do. Knowing that Bob was too sick to fly, we had to somehow get clearance and medical support to travel with him. Who knew that there's a service out there where a nurse will go to where you are with special equipment and fly with you to your destination. We found such a service and within 8 days of plan conception Bob was in Queens Medical Center, Honolulu Hawaii. Sabrina managed so much remotely to get Bob moving toward a transplant but we knew that the cancer would prohibit him from being placed on a list. The medical staff began to check each organ system and the colon/ GI track was last. To our surprise he did not have cancer and in fact was an excellent candidate for a liver. In order to be on the transplant list you have to establish residency within the state and show in good faith that you plan to stay. So Sabrina, me and the kids kopped on a plane to Hawaii to help them satisfy all criteria to get on the list ASAP. On Friday, Jul 20 Bob was put on the transplant list and listed at No. 1 (becaus ehe is very sick). Its been almost a week, no liver and Bob is deteriorating rapidly. He's got a serious lung infaction that just set in and they have to clear it if he's going to get an organ. In addition, his kidneys are beginning to fail. We need prayers. we need alot of prayers. We want this guy to live, he's come so far. I pray but I am not Jesus' favorite so I hope that your prayers will work better than mine or together with mine they will have some sort of better effect. Please prayer for Bob - that he gets his liver. That he is sick and well enough to receive it. We've been praying to Jesus, the HS - praying the novena, rosary to Mary etc..
Please pray for Bob, the family. We need a miracle.