Return to Website

Ask Shovel!

Ask the great Shovel anything about being a biker! Ask the great one anything at all!

Ask Shovel!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
singlefire vs dualfire plugs

hi,I have a 75 shovel done up with a big bore. I am interested in doing a dual plug conversion.any comments on the pros and cons of single over dual? also anyone have tech info ie;specs etc. or where it can be found. have full machine shop to do it
thanks

How did you find us? link

Re: singlefire vs dualfire plugs

My experience with dual plugs is somewhat limited. I do know accouple people who have had them and they never said anything bad about them. Depending on the size of your bore and the size of your mainjet it might be wise to go to dual plug. We will see if any one has any info. I will put the question to EVO to see if he know's something. Let me know. later

Re: Re: singlefire vs dualfire plugs

You are on the right track especially if are going to run a higher octane like 102+ . The second plug burns off the excess on the down stroke and depending how your ignition is setup may give you a lot of extra go! I would start with Drag Specialties or JP cycles they have alot parts for Shovels in the hi pro section or try looking for a copy of Walnecks, it's the auto trader for classic bikes. I know there is at least one company that specializes in Shovels. Good luck and please let us know how it turns out!

Favorite Mag: Hogsterville Gazette

How did you find us? I live here

Re: Re: Re: singlefire vs dualfire plugs

Don't do it it's a waste of money! I did it to my big bore 78' and I don't see any differencs! I think I use more gas. I got it at the Shovel place in my home town and spent well over a grand when it was all said and done! Turbo charge the sucker or go nitrus it's the biggest bang for the buck!!!!

Favorite Mag: Outlaw

How did you find us? Web Site

Re: Re: Re: Re: singlefire vs dualfire plugs

thanks for the reply
i`ll give it some thought,still have a winter to go

Re: Re: singlefire vs dualfire plugs

thanks for the advice